You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New pilot

• new
  • help
  • fsx se

Royal Green

Royal Green
Posted
Posted

just need some pointers of how to start in the simulator. first question is how to use the vPilot. and where is my airport to start. and call sign??

ok i have a lot of questions but i think this is normal 😁

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You can always start at any airport, with any aircraft and callsign you want (there are a few restrictions regarding callsigns but as long as it's something reasonable you're fine). This is VATSIM, not a virtual airline. 😉

KntU2Cw.jpg

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

Royal, have you checked out VATSIM's Pilot Resource Centre? The answers to most of your questions can be found here. For vPilot, Ross has kindly placed the documentation on the vPilot website.

Welcome to VATSIM! Read and learn what you can in order to really get the most out of the hobby.

• Like 1

Royal Green
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dustin Rider said:

Royal, have you checked out VATSIM's Pilot Resource Centre? The answers to most of your questions can be found here. For vPilot, Ross has kindly placed the documentation on the vPilot website.

Welcome to VATSIM! Read and learn what you can in order to really get the most out of the hobby.

I'm so sorry didn't see the instructions on the website 🤦‍♂️

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

No worries. It's just that VATSIM requires a lot of learning to use it successfully.

KntU2Cw.jpg