You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Attention: Moderator

Paul O'Donnell 969350

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello, this is just a simple request to see if the moderator actually browses these forums. In my experience of the Asia region section within these forums, there is no light shed about questions only answerable by the moderator or VATASIA staff.

I would just like to know if the moderator ever looks at the forums. The date of the last post is quite shocking for a moderator, and it seems as if the mod duties are being a little neglected.

I'm not trying to cause any conflict, I'm just concerned about the image of this region.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

Edited by Guest

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Jeff Clark
Posted
Posted

Paul,

I'm not sure this forum has any particular, special moderator, and it probably falls under the moderation of -all- the VATSIM forums, which are collectively monitored by several people who have MOD privileges (including myself).

I'm also not particularly sure that we have someone whose job it is to read each and every single post on every single sub-forum. Normally if there's a problem that needs "modding", we get an e-mail from someone who's concerned, and that directs us to the thread in question.

Perhaps Ruth McTighe might be able to shed a bit more light on the subject as I think forums fall more into her portfolio - but she's on hols at the moment I think.

Jeff Clark

VATGOV6

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff,

According to the name underneath the forum there is a single moderator. I should have maybe thought about other mods monitoring this section but I neglected to think that before posting, so I apologise.

I was just wondering if the Asia mod actually browses these forums as there is often questions from people requiring about the Asia region and most of the time their questions remain unanswered.

I guess quite alot of the members within Asia don't read the forums as much as others, that could possibly explain it.

Thank for your reply Jeff.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

I do read the forum post but I admit that I seldom post here. Most of the time the posts are fly-in announcement and no specific question.

I also agree that people don't use this forum so often. One of the main reason is that they have their own meeting place / forum in there own countries using their own language - korean, japanese and chinese.

These are the more effective media for them instead of type, chatting in English here. That's my feeling.

In fact, you another post on server error is recevied and act upon. Now the server problem settled.

Regards

William Woo

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Hi William,

I agree with you about members of the Asian region using another medium to communicate on, it would be great to see some more activity within the region on both the VATSIM and VATASIA forums, but I guess people prefer to communicate in their own language and there is a slight language barrier between some of the ACC's within Asia.

You can delete this thread now if you wish. I was just curious as to the lack of usage, but I understand now from anothers perspective. I hope you didn't take any offense to my post.

Keep up the hard work within the region. It's great to see the skies of Asia growing.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

I didn't feel bad at all. It is a very good reminder for me.

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
Hi Paul,

I didn't feel bad at all. It is a very good reminder for me.

hehe glad to hear that William. Nice to see you around more often.

Thanks again,

Paul

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Kar-Lok Wong 839249
Posted
Posted

Well, I don't have MOD rights, but I check this forum very often.

But now the vatasia encountered a server error, I placed a link to this subforum. Hope the problem with the server is solved soon.

VATSIM ASIA Region > http://www.vatasia.net

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
But now the vatasia encountered a server error, I placed a link to this subforum. Hope the problem with the server is solved soon.

Yeah I noticed it had suffered from the error again, also with the HKVACC and VATSEA websites as they are based on the same domain.

Goodluck resolving the issue.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net