You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

questions from a noob

Tim Arthur

Tim Arthur
Posted
Posted

1) If I have a custom livery within xplane 11 will other vatsim pilots see my livery?

2) Tower Controller, will they see us actually landing within the sim - assuming controller is running xplane for example and his controller software so he ahs a birds eye view/ground rader.

Tim Arthur
Posted
Posted

One more question - when I change my qnh to 1013 after climbing above trans altitude, vatspy and active sky and my air hauler 2 shows my altitude say 21549 when in the aircraft (les saab 340) my altitude is 21000.

When using the local qnh my altitude is in sync across all my applications.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

VAT-Spy shows your true altitude, not your pressure altitude. (Pressure altitude is what you see on your altimeter when QNH is set to 1013.)

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Tim Arthur said:

1) If I have a custom livery within xplane 11 will other vatsim pilots see my livery?

No. Every pilot is only able to see what is installed on their own computer and what their model matching makes of it.

21 minutes ago, Tim Arthur said:

2) Tower Controller, will they see us actually landing within the sim - assuming controller is running xplane for example and his controller software so he ahs a birds eye view/ground rader.

Some controllers do it, yes. When the velocity update is introduced, they will be able to see your landing exactly as it was (for now, the position update frequency is not sufficient for that).

KntU2Cw.jpg