You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any way to improve atc voice quality?

Martin Olof

Martin Olof
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I have been using both vPilot and Swift client with FS2020 and the voice quality coming out from Swift is far more realistic and sounds more like a real com radio. I tested them side by side on the same machine and it is a clear difference. I thought audio for vatsim was the same no matter which client you use but it's apparently not. The Swift client has a lot less bass and more treble like a radio. Realistic sound turned on in both cases 

The model matching works better with swift to me and the audio is better, however the simplicity of vPilot is preferable so I would hope this audio could be tweaked to match up with swift.

Any ideas?

Keep up the good work! 👍

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

By any chance did you check this box?

image.png.aa1db1e92698b60a54feaef212e0205c.png

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Martin Olof
Posted
Posted

No I haven't. It's not that unrealistic. Still a clear difference 🤔 it's noticeable when whatching other people's streams as well.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure then, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Could actually be something in the Windows Sound settings rather than vPilot ?     My sound quality is always very good even using a £25 headset.  Check that no enhancements are ticked in the Windows sound settings, eg Bass Boost.   

Andrew

Edited by Andrew McCabe
edit

Martin Olof
Posted
Posted

Yeah but what bothers me is the difference between swift client and vpilot. If it was a windows setting it would affect both. Can the swift programmers have modified the audio to make it more realistic? Maybe vpilot could do that as well? 

Roger Gantner
Posted
Posted

the "realistic coms" in vpilot arent that good, I agree... too much bass, not enough treble. I have trouble understanding controllers.