You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

COM2 124.850 RX always actice on vPilot...

Martin Gruendel

Martin Gruendel
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello. With the new updates, the COM2 with 124.850 RX is always actice... So i hear the COM1 and the COM2 radio together and all the time and i can not turn off COM2 RX in small airplanes, which have only one COM1 radio.

And i dont know, where this ATC station is located? In the VAT-Spy controllers list, there is no 124.850, but there is always communication on this frequency...

What is wrong?

And why some parked aircrafts on airports hundred meters high in the air? This photo is from EDDF Frankfurt. I have never seen this before.

Thanks!

20220201_012322.jpg

20220201_011145.jpg

20220201_011118.jpg

Edited by Martin Gruendel

• Martin Gruendel changed the title to COM2 124.850 RX always actice on vPilot...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Nothing about this build affects how the radios work, so the issue you're seeing is just a coincidence.

The floating aircraft is fixed in vPilot 3.0.2.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Martin Gruendel
Posted
Posted

O.K. Thanks!

But since the new updates of vPilot and the latest MSFS World Update i have always the COM2 RX radio active in vPilot and i hear two frequencies at the same time. Can i turn off the COM2 RX in vPilot? In the simulator i can not turn it off, when the small GA aircrafts have only one COM1 radio. Crazy...

And why i hear a communication on the default 124.850 frequency, when there is no active ATC on 124.850, which we can see in the VAT-Spy controllers list?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Martin Gruendel said:

Can i turn off the COM2 RX in vPilot?

You can try the ".com 1" command.

19 minutes ago, Martin Gruendel said:

And why i hear a communication on the default 124.850 frequency, when there is no active ATC on 124.850, which we can see in the VAT-Spy controllers list?

Any chance that's coming from the sim, not VATSIM?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Martin Gruendel
Posted
Posted

No, it was definitely from VATSIM. I was in Frankfurt EDDF and i heard the communication from the ATC and the pilots.... But this frequency was not listed in VAT-Spy. I will check it again tomorrow ;-)