You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

When installing xPilot it will not create the folder in my X-Plane 11/Resources/Plugin folder

• xpilot

Jake Vale

Jake Vale
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone.

Since the release of VATSIM Velocity i have been trying to get xPilot installed. It is important to note that on the day of release (before new version was implemented) i was using xPilot with no issues. 

1. I have downloaded the latest installer which at the time of writing is V2.0.0 Beta 20. 
  2. I have ran the installer and authorised it when windows defender tells me it is not safe. 
  3. The launcher opens and i am greeted with the first screen where i accept the license agreement. 
  4. I accept the install directory (C:\Program Files\xPilot
  5. Skip the 'Advanced users' section
  6. Press next and wait for it to install 
  7. Then i press finish.

There done, first part of the install goes down without a hitch. 

A for the second part - 

1. I press 'Yes' and install the CSL Models. 
  2. Then I open the 'Select Folder' option & navigate to the following pathway: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11
  3. Then I press 'Select Folder'. 
  4. I then press 'OK' and I am then presented with the following error message (see IIMAGE 1 below as well) Message: The xPilot plugin resources folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot) is not readable. Verify the folder permissions and try again. 

What this is showing me is that the install path is CORRECT but there is an issue with permissions or something. 

NOTE: The xPilot plugin does NOT get installed to my X-Plane 11 directory where it should be (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins) It does not get installed at all. See IMAGE 5 for what my directory looks like after the install. 

What have I tried doing to fix this?

Everything I can. I have ensured the following criteria have been met. 
X-Plane 11 was closed before install.
xPilot was closed before install.
xPilot Installer was ran as administrator.
ALL antivirus was disabled before and during install. (One of which (Norton) I completely uninstalled)
X-Plane 11 was uninstalled not once but TWICE. AND i freshly installed it to a different drive. 

As for the permission issue
I have gone to the X-Plane 11 folder - Right clicked, Opened Properties, Switched to the Security Tab, clicked on Edit, gone through each profile, clicked on Full Control, then Applied the setting. 
I did originally do this for all the subfolders however the X-Plane 11 folder is the parent folder so I believe it applies the setting to all of the subfolders. (Images 2 & 3 are detailing this process)

As you will see from IMAGE 4 it does not let me change and apply the setting for the option that says CREATOR OWNER. I don't know why and I don't know if it is important. 

This is it, that's all I have got for you. I really hope someone can help me as i am absolutely clueless. I am angry, frustrated and exhausted. I spend a lot of time on VATSIM and i was really looking forward to VATSIM Velocity. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but bare in mind what i said I've already done and note I've done it about 50 times. 

Thanks in advance,

Jake. 

IMAGE 1.png

IMAGE 2.png

IMAGE 3.png

IMAGE 4.png

IMAGE 5.png

• 2 weeks later...
Kyler Reilley
Posted
Posted

I am having the same issue, have you managed to resolve it?

Jake Vale
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kyler Reilley said:

I am having the same issue, have you managed to resolve it?

I haven't. I have switched top Swift and it works fine but its a pain to set up. 

Kyler Reilley
Posted
Posted

Ok, well that sucks. I'll probably get Swift or Squakbox. 

Jake Vale
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kyler Reilley said:

Ok, well that sucks. I'll probably get Swift or Squakbox. 

Go for it, I mean it will have to be Swift because VATSIM no longer supports SquakBox. 

Kyler Reilley
Posted
Posted

Ah I see, I'll try swift then. Thank you.

Jake Vale
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kyler Reilley said:

Ah I see, I'll try swift then. Thank you.

No Worries. 

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Perhaps this issue is something to do with Steam? Perhaps Steam "blocks" that directory. Close Steam and try again?

ACH2118.jpg

Roy Hickok
Posted
Posted

I am having the same CSL install path issue (and don't use steam). Help needed.

Roy Hickok
Posted
Posted

Did any of the new Xpilot beta updates the current been in, 2.0.0 beta 27, fix this problem? I have the same issue and the latest beta has not fixed it. Beta 26 claimed to have fixed this for some, but not me. 

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

REDOWNLOAD XPILOT

It happened to me I reinstalled xpilot and try again