You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 3.0.7 Released

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Version 3.0.7 is now available. This fixes the issue with some aircraft warping all over the sky, causing TCAS alerts, etc. This version should also fix most (if not all) of the issues where parked aircraft sometimes have a strange pitch or roll attitude.

• Like 2

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Ross Carlson pinned and featured this topic
Luca Garzone
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, maybe this is not the right place to talk about  but since the launch of Velocity when I use vpilot with .towerview and msfs2020, aircraft are visible but they don't move at all. Any idea? Tks. Luca

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

Let me guess, you are using EuroScope as your ATC client and haven't read the release notes at

? 😉

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

On a group flight last night and on parking at the SVAA terminal we had the following anomaly's:-

1. Seven aircraft parked some visible and some not.

2. One aircraft was seen by another several miles from the terminal yet parked alongside of him.

3. One aircraft started to become vertical and then inverted at the parking bay.

I can forward some photos if you wish.

Terry Scanlan

VATGOV2 - Retired

Mike Monk
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

I cannot be sure that it is relevant but I am on a trans-Atlantic flight at the moment (BAW35) and I notice that my FL is being under reported in Vatspy and LittleNavMaps by 800' to 1000'.

I have tried logging off and shutting down vPilot and reconnecting but my FL is still being under reported.

I am using vPilot v3.07 on P3Dv45 and windows 7 64 bit.

John Man
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross, I've still been having issues with vPilot on Windows 11. Whenever I keep opening up vPilot it always starts up a thing in the Task Manager called: "osprivacy" and in its subprocesses it has "Capability Access Manager Service" and those processes try to take up all of my CPU (over 90%). I don't know why it does this and it might be something relating to Windows 11, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ I know Windows 11 is not yet supported but it would be great if you'll find a fix to this! And yes, I was using vPilot v3.0.7.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike Monk said:

Hello Ross,

I cannot be sure that it is relevant but I am on a trans-Atlantic flight at the moment (BAW35) and I notice that my FL is being under reported in Vatspy and LittleNavMaps by 800' to 1000'.

I have tried logging off and shutting down vPilot and reconnecting but my FL is still being under reported.

I am using vPilot v3.07 on P3Dv45 and windows 7 64 bit.

A relevant read for you

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

A relevant read for you

He's on P3D, so that wouldn't apply.

Note that VAT-Spy shows your true altitude, not your pressure altitude. So if you are in the flight levels, it can be off by a lot, depending on how far from 29.92 the pressure is.

• Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, John Man said:

Hey Ross, I've still been having issues with vPilot on Windows 11. Whenever I keep opening up vPilot it always starts up a thing in the Task Manager called: "osprivacy" and in its subprocesses it has "Capability Access Manager Service" and those processes try to take up all of my CPU (over 90%). I don't know why it does this and it might be something relating to Windows 11, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ I know Windows 11 is not yet supported but it would be great if you'll find a fix to this! And yes, I was using vPilot v3.0.7.

I don't have Windows 11 and I won't be getting it any time soon, so I can't do any real troubleshooting here. All I can suggest is that you do some searching on the web to see if others are having the same problem.

John Man
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

I don't have Windows 11 and I won't be getting it any time soon, so I can't do any real troubleshooting here. All I can suggest is that you do some searching on the web to see if others are having the same problem.

I found a forum relating to what I said, haven't found a solution yet. But thanks for responding to my reply.

Forum link: 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
On 2/7/2022 at 3:29 PM, Ross Carlson said:

He's on P3D, so that wouldn't apply

My reading comprehension skills are about on par with my landing skills.

• Haha 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Teunis Aalberts
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross, 

Hope you can help me out with this one. Today I have updated Vpilot to version 3.0.7. Eversince I did that I am unable to connect to Vatsim anymore. I receive the following error:

image.png.e1233717c8ac4a58c05afb34156ab263.png

I have also checked a logfile which shows the following:

image.png.e4320de895d8ca66df288738df5a3652.png

I have not connected to Vatsim after they rolled out Velocity, this is my first attempt eversince. I have done the following things to figure out what goes wrong

• Completely uninstalled and deleted Vpilot from my PC. Then downloaded it from the website and installed
  • Changed my Vatsim Password and copied/pasted it in the client.
  • Checked the new password (copied/pasted) on the webpage of Vatsim and also in Euroscope. Both succeeded.
  • Tried multiple servers including amsterdam, germany, uk and USA east.
  • Turned off firewall
  • Opened Vpilot as admin
  • Asking help from my local Vacc, but until this point they had no solution
  • Obviously googled it, but there are hardly any cases of these that I can find.

I hope you can help me troubleshoot or have a solution available!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's an issue that we're seeing sporadically. We think it's a DNS caching issue. Can you try rebooting your PC? And some users have had to reboot their router in order to fix it. Please give those two things a try and report back if it works or if it doesn't.

Teunis Aalberts
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

That's an issue that we're seeing sporadically. We think it's a DNS caching issue. Can you try rebooting your PC? And some users have had to reboot their router in order to fix it. Please give those two things a try and report back if it works or if it doesn't.

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately your suggestions have not solved the issue. Just to be clear what I exactly did, see below:

- Restarted my PC

- Turned off my router for 30 seconds and turned it back on

- Shutdown my PC and then pressed the start button again (for a full shutdown)

Reinhard Ziegler
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey there!

Since Tuesday (v3.0.7) I've observed the following issue:

Traffic which has arrived before is creeping very very slowly out of its parking position.
This happend to me first time on ground at LJLJ to me, when another pilot said I was parking some 20-30m behind my parking position, despite both using MSFS and the same scenery from flighsim.to.

When I started pushing back, the other pilot suddenly saw my correct position again at the stand again.

I've noticed this on two other pilots again the following days.

Once, one GA aircraft slowly moved sideways under my wing and into my eninge and fuselase at EPZG and the other pilot's aircraft was moving backwards out of it's stand at LIPE.

I haven't observed this on departing traffic which has recently connected via vPilot, just arriving traffic.

Edited by Reinhard Ziegler

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Teunis Aalberts said:

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately your suggestions have not solved the issue. Just to be clear what I exactly did, see below:

- Restarted my PC

- Turned off my router for 30 seconds and turned it back on

- Shutdown my PC and then pressed the start button again (for a full shutdown)

Are you in the VATSIM discord? If so, please send me a message in the #velocity-bug-reports channel and we can troubleshoot further.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reinhard Ziegler said:

Hey there!

Since Tuesday (v3.0.7) I've observed the following issue:

Traffic which has arrived before is creeping very very slowly out of its parking position.
This happend to me first time on ground at LJLJ to me, when another pilot said I was parking some 20-30m behind my parking position, despite both using MSFS and the same scenery from flighsim.to.

When I started pushing back, the other pilot suddenly saw my correct position again at the stand again.

I've noticed this on two other pilots again the following days.

Once, one GA aircraft slowly moved sideways under my wing and into my eninge and fuselase at EPZG and the other pilot's aircraft was moving backwards out of it's stand at LIPE.

I haven't observed this on departing traffic which has recently connected via vPilot, just arriving traffic.

This is a known issue that we have a fix for, that we're currently testing. Thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

• Ross Carlson unfeatured and unpinned this topic