You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

.NET Framework requirements for plugins

Luke Kolin

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Since .NET 4.0 is no longer current and VS2022 won't support it out of the box, I'm upgrading my toolchains for development. What is the .NET Framework version I need to target for vPilot - is it still 4.0 or something newer?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's still 4.0, I haven't moved it to .NET Core yet. I plan to, but that'll be a ways off.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I was hoping for something newer in the 4.x stream, but I guess I'll keep VS2019 around for a little longer. Thanks!

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

I was hoping for something newer in the 4.x stream, but I guess I'll keep VS2019 around for a little longer. Thanks!

Cheers!

Luke

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the major version of the framework. vPilot targets 4.8. However, my test plugin project targets 3.5 and it loads fine.

Note that I use VS2022 for all my projects, including those that target framework 3.5 and even 2.0.

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Note that I use VS2022 for all my projects, including those that target framework 3.5 and even 2.0.

Do you have earlier versions of VS installed? I found that I could not target .NET 4.0 unless I had VS2019 installed.

Cheers!

Luke

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I do have 2019 installed. How about 4.8? Maybe you can just install the targeting pack?