You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES saving issue

Rasmus Vaksmann

Rasmus Vaksmann
Posted
Posted

Everytime I try to save a profile / try to save while exiting ES, this "File create error" issue seems to be coming up. Due to that issue some of my settings are not saved and it's not very please to change the settings again everytime I log on. I have chosen the file path for .txt files, but I still cannot figure out why the issue is happening?

image.png.97f21d21bfcb6514ae64b48dd521f776.png image.png.f521ca8887f7fbde0c0c2c84183b7192.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Looks like either a wrong path (I don't know if this path actually exists) or a read/write issue (related to the protection of the location where the files are saved and the rights ES has to modify (=write) them). Usually it shouldn't be required for files within the documents folder, but did you try running ES as admin?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Rasmus Vaksmann
Posted
Posted

Yes, I have tried running ES as admin multiple times.  The paths should be correct also. 

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

It's likely that you, or specifically the ES exe doesn't have permission to create files in that folder. I ran into this problem and I first checked that I had the required permissions, which I did but the problem persisted. It turned out my antivirus (Avast) was blocking ES from creating files in certain folders.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Rasmus Vaksmann
Posted
Posted

I just checked all the permissions and it should be fine. Avast doesn't seem to be giving me any notifications about 'any threats' being blocked. 

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Well, if you're using Avast I'd say it's likely that you're having the same problem I did. I had to completely remove it.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Rasmus Vaksmann
Posted
Posted

yeah I think I found a fix for it - disabling my Antivirus made the issue disappear

• Like 1