You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voicemeeter Issues with AFV

Camden Bruno

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Recently I've had a lot of complaints of choppy voice audio while controlling. I couldn't seem to find a fix until tonight.

For background, I use Voicemeeter Potato as I have a few different speakers/headsets and like to be able to quickly change things up per application, etc.

I've always had my AFV microphone input set to Voicemeeter's AUX virtual input and at the beginning of my session I simply select which headset I'm using on Voicemeeter and it routes it appropriately. As previously stated, it seems to be causing issues and causing distortion.

When I changed the AFV setting and set the microphone input directly to a headset's microphone, it fixed the issue. I'm just confused as to what the difference is - it's pointing at the same place either way, but going through Voicemeeter seems to suddenly be causing an issue and leading to distortion on the frequency.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Camden Bruno

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• Camden Bruno changed the title to Voicemeeter Issues with AFV
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Disregard. Fix found.

For anyone who may experience this issue, I had tried a lot of solutions but I guess the simplest slipped my mind! My mic volume was simply too high for AFV and was causing overmodulation. Turned down the volume and now Voicemeeter is working fine with AFV again.

• Like 1

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• 1 month later...
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Having these issues again with the latest AFV update, except this time it doesn't seem to be my volume. Have tried just about every fix I can think of (including restart and re-install) with no success. Anyone having these issues? Thanks.

• Like 1

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• 5 months later...
Matteo Massini
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2022 at 5:52 AM, Camden Bruno said:

Having these issues again with the latest AFV update, except this time it doesn't seem to be my volume. Have tried just about every fix I can think of (including restart and re-install) with no success. Anyone having these issues? Thanks.

Hey Camden,

I was experiencing your same issue - I just found a fix you might as well give it a shot!

It had to do with the audio frequency, you have to set it to 48000Hz from the audio control panel, then select VoiceMeeter Aux Input/Output or Normal Input/Output based on your configuration, then properties, advanced and change the frequency.

My AFV works like a charm now - make sure to adjust all the levels before using it on the network or you risk making somebody deaf xD

Hope this helps, take care!

Matteo Massini, VATITA

C1 | P1 - S1/S2/S3/C1 ATC Instructor - DevTeam (GNG)

• 2 weeks later...
Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
On 10/4/2022 at 6:45 AM, Matteo Massini said:

Hey Camden,

I was experiencing your same issue - I just found a fix you might as well give it a shot!

It had to do with the audio frequency, you have to set it to 48000Hz from the audio control panel, then select VoiceMeeter Aux Input/Output or Normal Input/Output based on your configuration, then properties, advanced and change the frequency.

My AFV works like a charm now - make sure to adjust all the levels before using it on the network or you risk making somebody deaf xD

Hope this helps, take care!

Awesome! Thanks so much, Matteo.

• Like 1

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor