You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Livery Matching in Swift

Chancy Law

Chancy Law
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I've been playing around with swift, doing some plane spotting and checking the models/liveries I have.. I installed the BB and the other one.. (great tutorial videos on setting those up)..

Today I was at KSEA (Seattle, WA) and noticed a CRJ with an Air France livery, which is a bit out of place unless that is what the pilot wanted.. nothing wrong with that.. so I look in Swift to see if maybe its a problem on my end.. and this is what it shows:

in the Models tab, callsign is ASA2425

icao tab: CRJ7 (AFR AFR._STD) model: BB_JETS CRJ7_AFR and the livery tab: ASA _> AFR

So I'm thinking when he logged in, even if he intended to be a Delta Connection flight, ASA.. he logged in as a AFR or Air France plane?  I don't understand the ASA -> AFR under liveries tho.. does that mean I don't have any ASA livery installed? and it is choosing AFR as closest? And if that is the case, how do I change my setup to pick a standard Delta livery for ASA.

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Chancy Law
seattle is not in NY lol

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

There is no CSL for the CRJ7/ASA.

Go in the Active model set X Plane (Mapping tool ), do a CTRL +F (Or right click, show filter), and type CRJ7 in the filter box.

The logic of swift: When connected, click on Models ( Between Weather and Interpolation), select Matching log, and type the callsign of a pilot of your choice, then enter.

Edited by Claude ROULLIER
  • Like 1

Chancy Law
Posted
Posted

Correct, the filter is a little odd to me, maybe i didn't put CRJ7 in the correct field but it didn't show anything.. I have the model and a bunch of CRJ7 liveries tho..

I guess the question is, next time I find a plane like that in the sim, for example ASAxxx; how do I tell swift to associate ASA with DAL; or whatever may be appropriate..

I vaguely remember maybe seeing this in one of the tutorials I watched? but I can't find it now...

And thank you for the reply!!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Chancy,

19 minutes ago, Chancy Law said:

I have the model and a bunch of CRJ7 liveries tho

as a "CSL" or as a "flyable" aircraft? If it is the latter, then it won't work, as they cannot be used to render aircraft of other users online. If it's the first, what CSL did you install? URL to the download site so we can cross-check? Like Claude, I just checked and I have a number of CRJ7 CSL from BlueBell, but non of them in the livery of ASA.

Chancy Law
Posted
Posted

These are from my Active model set.. I have the Bluebell set from ... https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37041-bluebell-obj8-csl-packages/

Also the X-CSL using the updater/installer.. from https://csl.x-air.ru/downloads

From what I can tell (from spotting around xplane connected to vatsim using swift) the models look good and the liveries are mostly good with a few exceptions like that ASA airline (I think he was trying to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Southeast_Airlines) Which could be depicted as a Delta or United I guess..  Just not sure on how to do that 😕

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

ASA is the code for Alaska Airlines and they do operate CRJ700s (through partners, in this case "SkyWest"). At least BlueBell and X-CSL don't have any ASA CRJ700s for me.

Chancy Law
Posted
Posted

Just noticed that... but i would rather it give the plane a united or delta livery than air france 

Chancy Law
Posted
Posted

So if you use the settings:    by icao:airline first and no airline group or group=airline

at least you get a 737 with Alaska Airlines

Just looked through my Traffic Global AI and they don't have a ASA CRJ either lol

BTW, Is there some reason that Traffic Global doesn't get picked up to be used as AI by swift?