You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"User account is suspended"

• suspended
  • banned

Gavin Robert Alvarez

Gavin Robert Alvarez
Posted
Posted (edited)

So today I tried to connect to the vatsim network for a short flight before I went to sleep. I created my flight plan, hopped in my A320 and logged in. When I tried to connect to the network however, It gave me this message: 

"Authentication failed: User account is suspended"

I tried to log in on the vatsim website and it gave me another error:

"You cannot log into myVATSIM because your account is disabled."

I haven't done anything that would warrant a ban from vatsim. The only thing that I could think of is that maybe my attempts to become a controller [ZNY] interfered somehow. I did not pass the S1 test for the ZNY ARTCC. Could this be interfering? If not, what is? I don't want to go through the hassle of resetting my account either because it would reset my atc training and I would have to take a few more tests before I could connect. Any help getting my account back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Gavin Jonas

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Refer to your email from VATSIM on 31 Jan 2022 at 19:11 UTC.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Gavin Robert Alvarez
Posted
Posted

Im still not entirely sure what warranted my suspension as the reason listed was "other" but I submitted a ticket asking about it. Thanks.

Removed
Posted
Posted

Hello Gavin.

There is no need to open multiple threads for the same issue. I deleted the other thread you opened about an hour ago.

You opened a ticket with the VATSIM Membership Department on 13 Feb 2022. The ticket number is 202200898. I responded precisely with what the issues are, and what information the Membership Department requires you to provide in order to resolve them. Please check your e-mail inbox or https://support.vatsim.net/view.php for the information I provided.

I ask you to please use the avenue of correspondence with the Membership Department, and not the open forum which has tens of thousands of members.

Thank you.