You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Installation issues

• write error
  • permissions

Ron Corbett

Ron Corbett
Posted
Posted

I seem to have inherited some issues and not sure how. I have had vpilot running for years no issues. Have used both on P3D and MSFS2020. It just stopped working. Tried to reinstall and got a bunch of errors saying it couldn't write "filename" to the destination directory. that being ..\appdata\local\vpilot. Now I am getting the below error (screenshot). It locks the PC and have to use task manager to end the process.

I have tried changing permissions, tried installing it in another location. Nothing appears to work. HELP. I have spent a couple of hours trying to nut it out but nothing. Any help appreciated.

Error.jpg

Ron Corbett
Posted
Posted

All good I solved it 🙂 some Win11 mic issues

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ron, please post how you fixed it, so that others can benefit. Thank you.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ron Corbett
Posted
Posted

Ok so it would appear a win11 update changed (or turned off) some microphone privacy settings. Trying to install (reinstall) vpilot with microphone access off gives you the error. Uninstall vpilot, delete the ..\vpilot folder. Go to “microphone privacy settings” and turn access on. Run vpilot installer and installs fine no issues. All the files that were saying it had “write access” issues appear to look at the win11 microphone settings (that somehow changed).