You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV: Connect failed (Forbidden-)

• afv
  • xpilot

Letian Zhang

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted

After I updated my xpilot to V2.0.0, the PTT doesn't work. Someone has reported this issue but xpilot team hasn't fix it yet. So I ran xpilot and AFV at the same time, xpilot for connection, AFV for audio transmitting. However after I update my AFV to V1.9.5 it shows: Connect failed (Forbidden-) when I try to run it with xpilot. Now I have no idea to transmit audio.

20220214220900.thumb.png.776f5202758b9628b0c063b822a7ba90.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Someone smarter than me will probably answer also, but on the surface, my thought is:

You can't connect with AFV separately from xPilot, as connecting with xPilot already intrinsically connects you with AFV, so trying to connect with AFV after already connecting with xPilot would mean you area attempting to connect to the voice engine twice...  Which obviously is not a great idea.... 

As I've stated a million times (+/- 99,900 times 😉 ), I'm not a coder, the real coders won't even allow me to attempt to spell the word code, never mind attempt the act, so these are my best guesses based on what I do or don't know, believe, theorize and/or guess.... 

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

What is the PTT issue? Set it in xplane and do not use ctrl, shft or alt keys.

ACH2118.jpg

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Lauri Uusitalo said:

What is the PTT issue? Set it in xplane and do not use ctrl, shft or alt keys.

I have set it follow the instruction, but whichever key/joystick button I set, when I press the PTT the TX doesn't turn to green and nobody can hear me. So I depend on AFV to transmit audio.

Letian Zhang
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Someone smarter than me will probably answer also, but on the surface, my thought is:

You can't connect with AFV separately from xPilot, as connecting with xPilot already intrinsically connects you with AFV, so trying to connect with AFV after already connecting with xPilot would mean you area attempting to connect to the voice engine twice...  Which obviously is not a great idea.... 

As I've stated a million times (+/- 99,900 times 😉 ), I'm not a coder, the real coders won't even allow me to attempt to spell the word code, never mind attempt the act, so these are my best guesses based on what I do or don't know, believe, theorize and/or guess.... 

@Don DesfosseWell, actually you can connect to voice sever with AFV (V1.8.1)  separately from xPilot (V2.0.0 beta20 or earlier vision). When AFV connect to voice sever, it will block xPilot's connection to voice sever to avoid conflict. Like this:

2023520599_2022-02-15234035.thumb.png.51c43bda215c5d0b914e8eade432d1b4.png

Then AFV will take over audio transmit. XPilot no longer transmit audio. Just like when we ran XSB and AFV at the same time to connect to VATSIM in 2021.However, in xPilot V2.0.0 beta21 or later vision this doesn't work. Although this IS NOT a good idea, it's the only approach I found to solve the audio transmit problem currently😭.

Anyway, thanks for your answer and suggestion.

• Like 1