You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching FSX problem.

Ramon grosso

Ramon grosso
Posted
Posted

Hi. I can choose any aircraft in settings, model matching tab. It only appear Airbus 321. When I go to advanced, appears 138 models, 63 identified, I choose one identified, Cessna 172sp for example and the apply tab do not work and can not choose the plane, click on ok and come back a appear again Airbus 312 but when I click on apply appear a error message. See attach.

Thanks in advanced.

invalid.PNG

cesna.PNG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

"Cessna" is not a valid model title. You need to enter the value from the "title=" line from the aircraft.cfg file for the model you want to use as the default.

If you go to the Advanced tab, and expand the "SimObjects\Airplanes" folder, then expand one of the aircraft subfolders, you'll get a list of all the model titles that were found there. Pick one of them and enter that value. Like this:

image.png.ab4f9379ca3b348d015728166c6c10ef.png

Since you only get 138 models found, that means that you probably deleted a bunch of models, since FSX includes 166 models when you purchase it. That's why the normal default model, "Airbus A321", is not working for you. You just need to choose a different one.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ramon grosso
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

"Cessna" is not a valid model title. You need to enter the value from the "title=" line from the aircraft.cfg file for the model you want to use as the default.

If you go to the Advanced tab, and expand the "SimObjects\Airplanes" folder, then expand one of the aircraft subfolders, you'll get a list of all the model titles that were found there. Pick one of them and enter that value. Like this:

image.png.ab4f9379ca3b348d015728166c6c10ef.png

Since you only get 138 models found, that means that you probably deleted a bunch of models, since FSX includes 166 models when you purchase it. That's why the normal default model, "Airbus A321", is not working for you. You just need to choose a different one.

Thanks Rose but I can´t choose any model from the tab advanced, when I select any model and click on apply nothing happen. 

boengi.PNG

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

That's not what he said to do:
"You need to enter the value from the "title=" line from the aircraft.cfg file for the model you want to use as the default."

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can also just use the value you see in the list on the Advanced tab. For example, you could enter "Boeing 737-800 Paint1".

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ramon grosso
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

That's not what he said to do:
"You need to enter the value from the "title=" line from the aircraft.cfg file for the model you want to use as the default."

Correct, I do it and work fine. Thanks.