You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot crashing after recent updates

Thiago Simões

Thiago Simões
Posted
Posted

Hello

After recently updating Vpilot I’ve been having issues during past 3 flights I tried to do.

After sometime (flight preparation, startup, taxi..) the Vpilot program just stops working and if I try to Alt-Tab like I always did, it will not open. It still shows on the task bar and also task manager, but just do not work and the only way to come back online is to close Vpilot with Task Manager and open it again. This is not a very good solution as it might crash the Sim sometimes.

I’m using FSX Steam, Windows 10, both Sim and Vpilot running in admin mode. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still the same.

Please some help would be appreciated 

Thank you in advance!

George Fontes Jr.
Posted
Posted

same here. ever since 3.2 i get continual error invalid operation 24 and vpilot stops responding

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Also having a similar problem since the 3.2 update. Normally happens during prep, can see controllers online etc, but cannot hear them, they cannot hear me, nor can see other aircraft, but if you were to look at Vpilot it looks like it is working, when in fact something has bugged out. When I try to disconnect and reconnect it just freezes, and much like a previous comment I have to go to task manager to force close Vpilot, but once I load up Vpilot again it works fine. I normally start Vpilot before loading up P3D, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, never had any issues with previous versions.