You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Length of Local Op Data and Global Op Data fields

Justin Marshall

Justin Marshall
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

The length of both the Local and Global Op Data fields is 14 characters. Any chance of having these longer, in particular the Local Op Data field? I'm writing a plugin for storing extra text (eg. airport name and airline callsign) and it would be great to not have to truncate the text. Perhaps the 14 chars could be displayed when the strip is in its normal state but when it gets expanded in width (ie. middle clicking the aircraft callsign) it could show more text. Currently the text bounding box extends with the strip width but it is still limited to 14 chars.

Thanks.

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin

I think I have it set as it is in the real system, but I could definitely increase the local op field like you suggest. I’ll look into it when I refactor the strips to make them customisable 

• Like 1

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Justin Marshall
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your response and for considering my suggestion @Jake Saw. I figured it was probably a case of emulating real life. It would certainly be great if you get time to make it bigger at some stage.