You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Very poor and arogant steps within flight today at Vatsim

Ivan Duris

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Today I had very poor and no professional contact on Vatsim network within my flight. My account was looks like suspended due quick attacks of some SUP with no true responds and direct principle attacks to suspend my account. Very tactical from his side because he suspend quickly voice channel after incident (not within flight and previous collissions), 2 members Tim Barber (ID 810096) and Garry Fedderma (ID 1032654) absolutelly ignored rules and no reported intentions in flight what did very close collission with me in my flight in Zagreb LDZA airport. I did all communications right but they both didn't respond not with text nor at voice and arogantly continue without any reports of intentions. Really I'm surprised what is matter on Vatsim network now and not able imagine how members can do that things arogantly. Then I come to quick answer why was that like it was 🙂 Mr. Tim Barber is Vicepresident of Vatsim 😃 and he simply did as Pro, he as Vicepresident don't need do things and use rules as need, he simply ignore arogantly all and in case some one else reported not correct and arogant steps, he quickly do expected steps to calm any person who can report that arogant steps. Really here is also some picture about that both pilots at end of this my post. I really talk seriously to all Vatsim stuff reading this my post, do correct quick steps to not have arogant and no professional users on Vatsim network. We need have our network perfect, nice and also improved to be one of the best network simulate real aircraft traffic. Pls all my Vatsim friends and other pilots, don't ignore brake rules of other pilots and arogant and ignored steps, report all quickly to board to not be quickly calmed down. I think that LHCC_CTR was there at that time and saw all what was happened (Gabor???) and I'll be very greatful to him if he will post some report also if he could or saw same. Simply SUP quickly disconnect my voice channel and reported not my correct steps (very poor trick to attack me) and then reported that I did not correct steps and brake rules. BUT what rules brake already Tim Barber and his friend in flight that probably didn't understand basic things about flight rules???? Thank you very much to all who read my post and wish to all nice Sunday...

Vatsim problem attack SUP.jpg

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 2

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

is some one responsible here to respond? How you staff imagine this? How you can guard brake of rules of Mr Vicepresident? This is impossible to imagine. Really seriously, Gunnar, you as one who I want ask about this, can you pls respond? Mail report what I've received from Vatsim support is full of lies, how it can be true? What do you expect with Vatsim in future when you do these un fair steps? Mr Vicepresident brake rules with his friend and I reported that so I need to be suspected?????? Pls do correction with my account and also respond with true reports. Thank You...

What surprised me in report is that you absolutelly don't understand to flight rules and system of my flight, this is really shame and put not good light to Vatsim staff. I expect correct handling with all what was happened today. It's important to all of us here... Also reactivation of my account is highly apreciated so soon as possible...

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 1

OM-ICO

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ivan,

you best connect by e-mail with the VP Supervisors: https://www.vatsim.net/staff/board-of-governors/vice-president-supervisors

Should you get nowhere, your next step would be to contact the Divisional Conflict Resolution Manager (DCRM). In your case that will be the DCRM for VATEUD. I could not find a direct contact address, but you can probably ask someone at VATEUD for the correct e-mail address:https://vateud.net/staff

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Andreas and thank you for reply.

Really in report is clear that I need wait from responsible person so really don't understand to this. Can you be kind better and clear give me again steps to do?

Ok, I'll do what you sent me in your post, thnx, very apreciated...

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 1

OM-ICO

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Uhh, those are some hefty accusations against VATSIM staff members, so you better have a proof of what you're saying. The CoC is the same for every VATSIM member, whether a president or a new member on their first flight. What you can do is gather evidence (screenshots of the unicom frequency showing your text calls and conversation with the supervisor who responded online) and submit it on https://support.vatsim.net/open.php selecting Network Supervisors / Incident Report in the Help Topic menu and it will be investigated. Do NOT post the screenshots here. Best of luck!

KntU2Cw.jpg

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello and thnx for reply,

as you said :) can you imagine yourself in my situation to report Vicepresident's arogant steps? I don't think so probably. Ok, this is not intention, I'm very surprised about this what was happened today and how it was reported, it's completelly not true. How you can save all screenshots and texty messages if they quickly suspend you? All is missing quickly and you can't revert back, maybe Mr Vicepresident can show us here what was all happen before, also SUP, this can be very good. There can see all of you what was happen. On other side, I had VFR local flight on Zagreb and communicated over voice, not text. Pls understand hope that in quick changed vfr local flight with patterns and T/G is simply impossible write texts again ad agin, I've reported all at voice so no problem. They had no reported and they made close collission to me, also didn't use correct runway due quite heavy wind heh what was also problem. Ok, no time to do reports again and again, I'm real aviation experienced so don't need to be outside of problematic 😉

What I see funny is that only after investigation later I've noticed that Mr Tim Barber is Vicepresident :) I expect he need then do all rules as best one to see, correct? I think that only one who understand to problematic can reply and also ask for correct judging...

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 1

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

I don't know why all is quite and calm generally.

No other responses to emails, no true and correct reports, looks like no one want fight against Vicepresident's not correct steps...

• Haha 1

OM-ICO

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You could have saved screenshots of your pilot client even after you were disconnected. If you don't have any evidence, it's just your word against theirs and it's gonna be tough. If you do follow my and Andreas' advice and submit the case for investigation, please try to stay as factual and neutral as you can be. Refrain from being sarcastic and using words like "arrogant" etc. That will be received better.

• Like 1
KntU2Cw.jpg

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thnx again for your kind reply, really apreciated.

Pls take to account that messages with some SUP or GOV1 are not available after disconnect, this is reality what put this also to not correct direction. Ok, you don't need recommend to me to be serious, I'm quite serious but you probably don't understand what was happened today and why my account was suspended, this is absolutelly arogant and not expected here! Pls understand that I'm quite old man that understand all and is also serious and have time and patience, why not others? 😉 I'm good generally to other side as is this side good to me, normal... This is what I've never experienced in my Vatsim long history...

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 1

OM-ICO

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted

Why does this need to be a public forum post? Ever heard of emails? 

Sorry Tim and Gary for being thrown under the bus here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice question,

yes, therefore this need to be as public because not thrown under the desk 😉 You chiefs will be stay together, quite strongly, understand 😉

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

OM-ICO

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Ivan Duris said:

Pls take to account that messages with some SUP or GOV1 are not available after disconnect

I know for sure it wasn't the case some time ago and I'd be very surprised if it was implemented that way and I'd question the tech team about that. I've been wronged on the network before, so I know how it feels. But I went through the proper channels, stayed factual and patient and in the end got my justice. Forum posts are not the proper channel, as Liesel says. Write that email or submit that ticket and good luck!

• Like 1
KntU2Cw.jpg

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ivan Duris said:

Nice question,

yes, therefore this need to be as public because not thrown under the desk 😉 You chiefs will be stay together, quite strongly, understand 😉

You're not the Daily Mail and Tim+Gary are not cabinet members of the United Kingdom government. It doesn't apply here. 

Edited by Liesel Downes
  • Haha 1

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Ivan Duris said:

Pls take to account that messages with some SUP or GOV1 are not available after disconnect, this is reality what put this also to not correct direction.

That is not true, unless you closed your pilot client before copying the chat messages.

We understand you are upset for some reason, but please take it through the proper channels.

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted (edited)

Danke nochmal Andreas,

this was what I wanted to do, save all text messages with SUP but was not possible! All was stop after quick account suspend and no way! My luck I saved info about their flights and Vatsim ID numbers, really...

Why it takes so long??? There is info about respond within about 1 hour what is I think acceptable... Really I don't see reason in my side to not have reactivation in few minutes.

@Andreas

Sry maybe you meaned Squawkbox to have that ability to have all responses and texts saved also after disconnect from acount but this is my history, I'm with new Client and that was as I said.

Edited by Ivan Duris
  • Confused 3

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Dace Nicmane said:

Write that email or submit that ticket and good luck!

?????? Good luck???? Maybe to them both because they brake rules not me.

• Haha 1

OM-ICO

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ivan Duris said:

Why it takes so long??? There is info about respond within about 1 hour what is I think acceptable... Really I don't see reason in my side to not have reactivation in few minutes.

It's the weekend, people have lives other than sitting in front of their PCs answering emails.

Personally, this should have been dealt with ONLY via email/ticket and not in this forum.  You wouldn't like someone to start pointing the finger at you publicly when you do something wrong, so why do it to others.   Deal with it in private through the correct channels as you will not get it dealt with officially through here.  And as Andreas suggests, I think you need to calm down somewhat...

Trevor Hannant

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Hello @Ivan Duris

I am sorry you are upset.  Let's recap what happened today - it started by you sending an unsolicited message to my flying partner while we were in uncontrolled airspace telling him that he was on the wrong squawk code and telling him to change it.  I reached out to you to remind you that squawk codes are assigned by ATC, not other pilots. I also let you know that sometimes messages sent from one pilot to another criticizing their flying often not well received.  I conveyed these messages in a friendly way in an attempt to help you in your interactions on the network.  A short time later, you connected to the network at our arrival airport and interfered with our arrival by flying circuits in the opposite direction to our arrival without making any radio calls on unicom.  At that point a supervisor was called.

My communications with you were friendly and meant to help you.  I don't know why you chose to escalate them to the point you did.  I do not have an email from you today, but if you want to reach out to me, my email is [email protected].

Tim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

• Tim Barber locked this topic