You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

One callsign should be banned

Daniel Faria

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

Ive seen quite a bit of people in europe use the callsign starting with SHT... I mean amagain controllors trying to say that with out saying the S word!

what do you guys think? .wallop them? or not allow it on flightplans. theres a couple online now SHT8A and SHT8Y 

i personally dont like to swear and think its wrong and should be banned on the nettwork. what do you guys think? I would like to hear any suppivisors commets too!

best regards

DANIEL B. FARIA-FILHO

site owner: www.prayorbeprayedfor.com

www.alexandrerezende.net

• Haha 8

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

??? SHT is a long-standing callsign from the real world. It is "Shuttle" which is reserved for British Airways' domestic flights within the UK. There is nothing to be banned. Please make your research before spitting out accusations.

There are other callsigns/registrations that are 100% legal to be used, because they also exist in the real world, such as D-ILDO, D-ICKS, G-AAYE etc...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

SHT or Shuttle is a genuine  callsign used by British Airways Shuttle flights within the British Isles.

Regards, Rog Hanson

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks for the feedback!but like what if i live in the us and go control in the uk and there is that callsing? I will go wild 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Why would you go wild? SHT stands for "Shuttle". Everything else is just in your imagination, get over it. It's like "FCK" might be read as a bad swear word, but in Germany it's the abbreviation of a soccer club...

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

if a long established real world callsign would make you "go wild", then I think you need to re-evaluate whether you come to the UK and control.   In 8 years of controlling in the UK, I've never once:

- had the occasion to use a swear word instead of "SHUTTLE" or
- heard any other controller in the UK use it directed at me or any other pilot using it

• Like 2

Trevor Hannant

Liesel Downes
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Why would you go wild? SHT stands for "Shuttle". Everything else is just in your imagination, get over it. It's like "FCK" might be read as a bad swear word, but in Germany it's the abbreviation of a soccer club...

A prime example in the Scandinavian countries 

lingholic.com on Twitter: ""Fartkontrol" is #Danish for...? Try your best  guess :) #lol https://t.co/cIq1nA27gb" / Twitter

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Liesel Downes
she/her/hers

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

Hahahahaha thanks everyone! didnt mean to make a fuss! but thanks for clearing my mind out!

• Like 2

David Bromage
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wait until you find out there's an airline called WIZZ...

Edited by David Bromage
  • Haha 4

David Bromage
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

It's like "FCK" might be read as a bad swear word, but in Germany it's the abbreviation of a soccer club...

FCK is also the ICAO code of FCS Flight Calibration Services which has the callsign is NAV CHECKER. Flight FCK1T is legitimate, although I'm sure even the company did that rather tongue in cheek.

• 3 weeks later...
Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

There used to be an Alaskan airline called Peninsula Air whose three-letter FAA identifier was PEN. They used to have a flight number of 15. I'll let your imaginations fill in the rest. My understanding, based on the controllers I knew who worked that particular flight, is that the resulting callsign was unintentional and short-lived, but still hilarious.

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

In Finland we have a Pilatus registered OH-GOD, a Diamond registered OH-SHT and an old Fairchild OH-FCK. Imagine these three flying touch-and-goes on untowered airfield and for some reason using English on radio.

• Haha 3
ACH2118.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dustin Rider said:

There used to be an Alaskan airline called Peninsula Air whose three-letter FAA identifier was PEN. They used to have a flight number of 15. I'll let your imaginations fill in the rest. My understanding, based on the controllers I knew who worked that particular flight, is that the resulting callsign was unintentional and short-lived, but still hilarious.

Imagine they used an alphanumeric callsign, e.g. PEN1S. Who wants to be the first one to try it? 😁

• Haha 1

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Seeing how people have gotten away with G-SPOT and D-ILDO on the network, why not.

23.png

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted (edited)

G-SPOT exists although may not be the correct airframe used on the network  😂

1435494-large.jpg

D-ILDO is more likely to be correct:

d-ildo-private-piper-pa-42-1000-cheyenne

Edited by Trevor Hannant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trevor Hannant

Thomas Greer
Posted
Posted

And G-MOFO 😉

1775306-large.thumb.jpg.e4408242c4550c0e07ec609b399dea78.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

John McMurdo
Posted
Posted

This thread made my day! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

A certain airport comes to mind... IATA: HKT. ICAO: VTSP.

I'll just leave that there. 😛

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

David Bromage
Posted
Posted

Of course there is this real world registration...

1133855-large.jpg

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that there is Captain Slow! And the aircraft may well be a Chippie.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

David Bromage
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, Alistair Thomson said:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that there is Captain Slow! And the aircraft may well be a Chippie.

You are correct, that is James May's plane.