You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Freeze when Disconnected from Network

Higor Rodrigues

Higor Rodrigues
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem here with vPilot that is driving me crazy and I never saw it before. Everytime I click on disconnect or for any reason the vpilot disconnect me from the network the vPilot window freeze and don't even close. I have to close the process via task manager. When I kill the process the entire PC freeze for about 2 seconds.

It started after a fresh Windows10 install. I tried to update and reinstall vPilot, run as admin, change servers, change font, reinstall SimConnect, update video drivers, clear p3d shaders, disable any rules for vPilot in the Firewall, etc. I'm running out of ideas here. Sometimes I'm in a long haul flight and I got disconnected and everytime I have to kill the vPilot process and open it again. I have no idea what's going on.

Please see the attached pictures. In one vPilot disconnected me from network. From here I just have to reconnect, but the vPilot window is frozen. In the other I hit the disconnect button, but it's showing like I'm still connected, because the vPilot window frozen the momment I hit the disconnect button.

Sim: P3D v4.5, Hotfix3. It happens with every airplane addon or scenery.

- Higor Rodrigues.

vpilot 2.jpeg

vpilot 1.jpeg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

We think this might be due to an intermittent bug in the voice code, which was recently updated in vPilot. The voice devs are looking into it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jingfu Chen
Posted
Posted

Same issue here. Since the internet connection is not so stable in my region, sometimes when authentication times out, the process just got stuck. Have to kill it from the task manager and re-start vpilot to get it work again.

Franz Nord
Posted
Posted

I also had an issue with vpilot probably related to this: After closing vpilot after a flight with the X button the window was gone and not visible in the task bar anymore but I still heard ATC voices. I needed to terminate vpilot via the task manager.

Jose J Flores
Posted
Posted (edited)
The same problem here after last update of VPilot.
After a couple of hours, or randomly, vpilot freezes and requires closing the window through the task manager.
P3D v4.5.14.34698
Edited by Jose J Flores

Ferdi Vefa
Posted
Posted

Is there anyway to download the older version ? 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, and there will be a fix available for this issue soon.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Higor Rodrigues
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for reply.

Thanks, Ross. Waiting for the update.

🙂