You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to define default model for matching aircraft?

Andy Gorsk

Andy Gorsk
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi I was wondering what line of "code" can I add to my vmr file so that it defaults to my chosen default aircraft when it cannot find better match?

For example:

Player uses "UAL B772" ... well, I do not have this installed ... so, for every B772 that I do not have installed I want to see "AAL B772"

or

Player uses "UAL B773"... also i do not have it installed, as a matter of fact I do not have any B773 model in my sim, so I want it to use "AAL B772" or even "AAL B787"

my model matching is working pretty good for the most part but sometimes I end up seeing these atrocities in the picture provided.. so that is what I am trying to achieve, I do not mind in the liveries do not match as explained above I just do not want to see these default Asobo AI traffic things.

I know I could edit their respective textures in official folder but then at update it gets all reverted back and downloads are much larger as MSFS updates all files as it detects changes, so I rather not do that.

Thanks

uglyAI.png

This is NOT a picture from Vatsim session.

Edited by Andy Gorsk

• Andy Gorsk changed the title to How to define default model for matching aircraft?
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Just add a rule that specifies the aircraft type (B772) and the model title that you want to use, but don't specify any CallsignPrefix.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andy Gorsk
Posted
Posted

Something like that?

Assuming I have some B772 installed and I do not have any B773 installed.

<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B772" ModelName="AAL B772//DAL B772"" /> (unless better match is found all B772 will show up as either B772 AAL or DAL)

<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B773" ModelName="AAL B772//AAL B787"" /> (all B773 will show up as either B772 AAL or DAL)

... would i put that at the top of the "VMR" file or at the bottom or make a separate one all together and place it again top or bottom custom rule?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Gorsk said:

<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B772" ModelName="AAL B772//DAL B772"" /> (unless better match is found all B772 will show up as either B772 AAL or DAL)

<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="B773" ModelName="AAL B772//AAL B787"" /> (all B773 will show up as either B772 AAL or DAL)

Yeah, looks right, though I'm not sure if you meant to have a B787 model in the second rule.

Also, just one of those rules is sufficient, because vPilot treats B772 and B773 as equivalent when searching for a match, if no specific match is found.

2 hours ago, Andy Gorsk said:

... would i put that at the top of the "VMR" file or at the bottom or make a separate one all together and place it again top or bottom custom rule?

Doesn't matter where it goes. vPilot ignores rules with no CallsignPrefix when searching for an exact match. It'll only use these rules if no exact match is found.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC