You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No sound

Peter Haas

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello

after starting MS 2020 and VPilot I can connect to the server .

After choosing a frequency I do not hear any voice and cant speak to the controler

(I can write him by text)

In my eyes all setting fpr audio arte o.k. (I her the normal sounds of the MS FS 2020)...

What can be the problem ?

Thank you

Gretings Peter

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Peter Haas

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Your COM1 is set to 118.3 which is not any of the online frequencies vPilot is showing.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello this was a acreensohggt after astart

I am now on 119.900 buit I cant hear anythin. I can see the cahts with the controler

111.jpg

Edited by Peter Haas

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You also need to have set up your radios correctly in the plane for it to work.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted

when I coose the right frequency this should work ?

other settings required?

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted

I can hear the noice when receiving a mesage in VPilot (from controler) bu no voice

hat can be the problem ?

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Show us your radio panel. What plane are you flying?

KntU2Cw.jpg

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted

Hello I treid with different airplanes (Cirrus, Barron)

what panel you need ? only a screenshot ?

This is from Barron

121.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just making sure you have referenced the vPilot Documentation and the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide.

In your first screen shot, with 118.300 shown, you had no power to the radios/avionics.  The frequency indicator in the upper right hand corner of the vPilot display in your screenshot correlates to one in the vPilot Documentation, Communicating with Controllers section that shows an example of no power to the avionics.

In your second screen shot, your radios are set up fine.  The frequency indicator in the upper right hand corner of the vPilot display in your screenshot correlates to one in the vPilot Documentation, Communicating with Controllers section that shows an example of correct setup.  In a perfect world, you should hear radio traffic just fine, assuming you have a valid audio device set up in vPilot > Settings > Audio.

Next, please check to make sure you have a valid audio device set up in vPilot > Settings > Audio.

So, if you do have a valid audio device set, something else must be wrong.  I wonder if you have seen the section on troubleshooting audio problems in the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide.  The first FAQ speaks to correctly setting up your audio settings both in vPilot and in the sim (which we have already discussed above).  The second section refers to a problem the community has only recently been seeing, with a problem related to Sonic Studio software by ASUS.  This was also referred to in a post we noted/pinned in the General Support forums.  Suggest investigating if you have that program active and if so, either disabling or deleting it (your choice).

Good luck, and please let us know if the above information helps resolve your issue.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Peter Haas
Posted
Posted

the sonic studio software was the poroblem

thank you

• Like 1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted