You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot installation troubles

Carl DuFault

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

I seem to be having issues installing Xpilot for Xplane 11. When trying to install, it tells me to install in the Xplane root menu. As far as I know, that is where I am placing it, but I get a message saying it's not the root menu.. Please advise...

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Xpilot itself is installed into (usually) program files/xpilot. Then select the xplane root folder when it requests it. I think you may have to double click or something like that to actually select xplane folder. 

ACH2118.jpg

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

What is it I'm doing wrong? I'm using steam, and Xplane 11 is under Common, then Steam Apps.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

To me it seems that you are installing xpilot into xplane directory, do NOT do that. Install xpilot (the actual program) into program files, and when it requests xplane directory (for the plugin part), point it to xplane directory.

ACH2118.jpg

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Ok. I just tried Program file then Program files x86 and it insists I do the xplane file..  

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

The last pictures are from the phase it wants to know xplane location, but the first picture in the previous post is where you enter "program files".

Check that it has not installed xpilot and if so please uninstall first from Control Panel. And then start from sratch.

ACH2118.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Good morning. Sitting here doing my catch up..  This is so frustrating. I'm starting from scratch. I am @ xPilot for VATSIM (xpilot-project.org) I click download, and come across the Beta page. The latest update is Beta .32. I click Windows, I click to install, and pick Program files to install it there. Then a message comes up telling me it's the wrong path. See photos.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

However, as you did note before, when I physically run Xplane, under PLUGINS, I did notice Xpilot there, and something about selecting paths?

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

There are two different prompts:

1. Installation directory for the xpilot EXE: default = C:\Program Files
  2. X-plane 11 installation directory: your x-plane steamapps directory

Please read the prompt text, it clearly says either "Installation directory" or "X-Plane 11 directory".

And before doing installation, uninstall x-pilot from the windows and delete the xpilot plugin folder.

ACH2118.jpg