You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can you still use FS9 aka FS2004 with Vatsim

Jonathan Graham England

Jonathan Graham England
Posted
Posted

Hi

I am just returning to virtual flying, I tried to get swift to work with FS9, and whilst the new orientation still says swift works with FS9, it only seems to work with as far back as FSX?

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Swift works in FS9,but you need a minimum of Windows7 for it to work.

Nebojsa

Jonathan Graham England
Posted
Posted

Thanks I have windows 10, how do you connect it up?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Apologize if this is a little snarky, but the first thought I had when I read your post....

Did you read the instructions and try yourself, or would you like one of our customer service agents to come to your house and just do it for you?

In all seriousness, if you are having troubles, please post here with what step in the installation process you are having trouble with, including screen shots (if applicable) of any error messages you are seeing....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonathan Graham England
Posted
Posted

sorry I asked

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jonathan Graham England said:

Hi

I am just returning to virtual flying, I tried to get swift to work with FS9, and whilst the new orientation still says swift works with FS9, it only seems to work with as far back as FSX?

Have a look here: 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Jonathan Graham EnglandNah, please don't be sorry to ask.  My kids say I have a warped sense of humor.  My wife just says I'm not funny at all...

In any case, I'm old school.  The way I learned, you look it up, try, try, try until you bleed a little, then you try some more 🙂  Us salty old bast__ds sometimes think the world is getting soft and people don't want to read and/or put in any effort to achieve something anymore.  It's an awful overgeneralization, I know.

So I really do ask you to forgive me for my (potentially weak) attempt at a little humor.  No harm or disrespect meant.

So, moving on, in all seriousness, if you are having troubles, please post here with what step in the installation process you are having trouble with, including screen shots (if applicable) of any error messages you are seeing....  

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

I believe here you will find the latest swift for your system.

Releases · swift-project/pilotclient · GitHub

swift Pilot Client Tutorial | FIRST installation and basic setup of swift

• 4 weeks later...
Benjamin Koula
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, Jonathan Graham England said:

Thanks I have windows 10, how do you connect it up?

Hey, saw this, what you need (if you don’t already have it) is FSUIPC, it allows FS9 to connect to outside plugins, just search for it and on the first website it has the download, and an activation code