You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Which mfs2020 Airliner would you choose for the upcoming Cross the Pond?

Tom Weller

Tom Weller
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

i'm a little undescided wich longhaul aircraft i will choose for the CTP this year.

I feel like none of the currently available planes are reliant enought to perform that

kind of navigational task over a longer period of time . I havent flown the mfs standards for a while...747,787, but i remember

even the startup was already problematic and the navigation was a disaster. Sometimes loosing the

whole flightplan midflight with no chance of recovery.

The headwind a330 is nice, but its systems are from early flybywire times, which were also pretty bugged.

i just tested this some days ago. No comparison to the current a320 release.

So now i am really asking myself, which is the most reliable longhauler in mfs2020 for such a task

without making myself awkward in an event with over 9 hrs flight time.

Your thoughts,

cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Weller

Timothy Haibach
Posted
Posted

Tom,

If you havent practiced a long domestic flight with any FS aircraft, Id start test flying jfk to lax and take notes of issues. CTP is not an event to do a "test flight". If you cannot fly the plane according to ATC instructions, you not only become a burden for ATC, but for those flying as well who have to be vectored out of your way. Spend some time now on a short flight as well. You can learn to fly anything on youtube. What slot did you book?

Tom Weller
Posted
Posted

Hi Timothy,

i wonder how you could misinterpreted my question that much. I'm 20 years into online flightsimming. So its not the lack of my knowledge i am concerned about.

I was talking about the lack of planes for the mfs2020, which are able to handle that task without worrying about bugs which

could highly interfere with performing the lateral and vertical navigation on such an event.

Cheers,

Tom