You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't connect to VPilot with MSFS "authentification failed: User not found"

John Martin 817432

John Martin 817432
Posted
Posted

Using MSFS 2020 w/FSUIPC7 connected. Have latest VPilot software installed. Can't connect to VPilot w/the above named error...... Have searched the forums and can't find an answer....please help

John

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Recommend uploading a screenshot of your Settings screen where your login credentials are entered.  Obviously we do NOT need to see nor know the password.  Based on your forum post, your CID is 817432; make sure that is exactly how it appears in that field.  Ensure also that there were no spaces nor any invisible special characters accidentally copied-and-pasted into it -- try blanking that field out completely and simply typing the six digits in your CID.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

John Martin 817432
Posted
Posted

Rob,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!   My CID as a 6 instead of an 8.  When I automatically upgraded to the last version of VPilot the numbers got changed during the process. I just assumed the numbers would stay the same during the upgrade. Anyway...I'm online now w/VATSIM.   Thank you and have a relaxing weekend!!😁

John

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, John Martin 817432 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!   My CID as a 6 instead of an 8.  When I automatically upgraded to the last version of VPilot the numbers got changed during the process. I just assumed the numbers would stay the same during the upgrade. Anyway...I'm online now w/VATSIM.   Thank you and have a relaxing weekend!!😁

The vPilot upgrade did not change your CID. It got changed some other way.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC