You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim! WOW! My best flight ever...

Ryan Renz

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Just getting back into flying and onto Vatsim.  But a few hours ago I started an IFR flight from Winnipeg to Thunderbay (CYWG-CYQT).  It was absolutely spectacular.  I'm finally getting my cockpit/ simulator setup nicely, and, for the first time ever, did not have one system crash or slow/ glitchy frames.  I physically moved my Sim closer to the projector wall and changed the view configuration; it feels so immersive now.  Originally I was constructing a 120° fov dual projector screen for the Sim, but it is too tall for my current arrangement, so I'm just using my "theatre" setup with the cockpit in front of the screen.

I would like to add on side or quarter views, that would be a huge benefit, but for now I am loving my setup and plan to enjoy it for the time. 

ATC today was flawless!  I had Ground, Tower, Departure, and Center, to help me all the way to landing and taxi to parking.  I cannot give it up enough to the high quality professionalism, and realism, that was provided!

Please go out and fly; and thank your controller!  If you're looking for good airspace, come check out Canada, there was a good amount of commercial traffic also in and out. 

I was running my whole network traffic through restricted data on my cellular telephone; surprisingly it faired... I only had two or three disconnects doing my preflight and fueling in Winnipeg, and then one or two in the air, all at non critical times; it was amazing!

Thank you to everyone who has made this experience, and the ability to fly on VATSIM, even possible. 

Safe travels, here's to friendly skies!

• Like 1

In My (virtual) Hangar:

C172 :: C-FXMY

M20M :: C-GRYR

Baron 58 :: C-TVUY