You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

no traffic on ND

Maciej Czeladzki

Maciej Czeladzki
Posted
Posted

Hello.

When I started first my flight on Vatsim I had traffic on ND but for some time there is no traffic, maybe I can see one maks. two aircraft on ND and outside but no more, despite on vatspy I passed many aircraft. I have installed Fsuipc, newest payware version, could this be causing the problem? I have installed as well AIG Manager, can this also cause a problem?I use p3dv5.3 hf2.

Maciej Czeladzki
Posted
Posted

vPilot version 3.2.1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Okay, and are you sure that the other aircraft that you saw during cruise where within the vertical band that the TCAS displays?

Make a test and position yourself on a busy airport and check if all landing and departing aircraft are shown or not.

Mike Teague
Posted
Posted

as andreas alluded to, was the traffic within the vertical band you had selected? tcas wont show ALL traffic at ALL altitudes except in some cases (pmdg aircraft have the option)

eg: in an fslabs airbus, you have a selector on the transponder that has thrt/all/abv/blw which means:

thrt = show only TAs/RAs 

all = show traffic within 2700 ft above or below your aircraft

abv = show traffic from 2700 below and up to 9900 above

blw = show traffic from 9900 below and up to 2700 above

• Like 1

Maciej Czeladzki
Posted
Posted

I have to test it again calmly, maybe I have been doing something wrong but on sunday I flown from Schipol to Split and for sure I passed many of planes close to me but  one plane was 2000 feet below to me (I checked on vatspy) I increased the range ND then decreased and nothing, even if I had set all on tcas I should see him, then tried look at outside and the same, no plane. I know, sounds weird and I use both, FsLabs and pmdg but anyway thanks for reply  like I mentioned earlier, I have test it again and I let You know soon.