You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS2004 Swift Wx

Ryan Renz

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Hello, 

I thought fs9 used Swift weather from VATSIM.  My first few recent flights I thought the weather was correct.  Now all of a student it seems the weather is always CAVOK.

Reading around it seems Swift doesn't really do weather, only winds aloft, is this still accurate? (Swift 32bit 0.12.2)

If so, what are people using for weather in FS9.1?  Is there one that will be the same as VATSIM?

Windows 7 64 bit.

Thank you. 

In My (virtual) Hangar:

C172 :: C-FXMY

M20M :: C-GRYR

Baron 58 :: C-TVUY

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ryan,

the weather function of swift is very basic and only meant to be used "in emergency" (=when you don't have any other means to inject real weather).

If you want real weather, you may want to consider buying a weather tool that you can use with FS9. When I was still using FS9 I had FSGRW. There may be other realtime weather programs that work with FS9, but I am not aware about their current status.

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Oh okay, that's disappointing... I know when I was running FSINN it used VATSIM weather so that everyone had the same conditions, METARS and Altimeter were consistent and functional.

I'm running out of fingers to cross.  😋

I'll look at FSGRW, thank you... (one more expense lol)

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Oh I know; incredible, and fantastic!

But then again, I think everything should be free; scrap this whole monetary value concept.

Thank you.

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

😂👌

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

I bought your FSGRW,I like it so far, however the verdict is still out of its going to function well.  The clouds and everything look great. 

Thank you. 

In My (virtual) Hangar: