You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Default Model Not Recognized, Disconnecting from server. How do I fix this?

Johnathan Guif

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

Hi, I've been using V-pilot for over a year now, and I have never encountered a problem with anything regarding model matching issues. Today however when I wanted a nice flight in my Convair-580, It wouldn't let me connect and kept giving me this error message. Note I tried this with multiple default models and nothing worked. If someone can help me I'd be very grateful.

1554661210_Screenshot(443).png.7f90a62356144280a64d8ec79f14bf9a.png

1776531011_Screenshot(444).thumb.png.392acb0a909001147eeaf016d10d4e77.png

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Should it be a valid ICAO airplane code like A321 and not like "Airbus A321"?

Edited by Lauri Uusitalo
ACH2118.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The vPilot documentation describes how to choose a valid default model. Somehow the Airbus A321 that comes with FSX got deleted from your sim, so you need to enter a different model title.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

I've tried both of these, and it still gives me the same error

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

When you said "both of these", what did you mean?  What exactly did you try?  Are you sure you have 1. located a viable aircraft in your sim, and 2. entered the correct aircraft title (e.g. Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1 as found in the aircraft.cfg file line that specifies title=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1)?  Alternatively, you could perhaps restore the Airbus A321....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have tried using multiple airplanes, and I have gone through the models that my Vpilot has recognized while using it. I did not however, know that you used the title from the CFG and rather as the other person mentioned, use the ICAO code. I'll try it with the title from the Aircraft's CFG file. Thank you for pointing that out me

Edited by Johnathan Guif

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

It turns out that by uninstalling both V-pilot and FSX, it fixes the issue. It seemed to have restored the default models. Thank you everyone who helped me

• Like 1