You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resending an existing flp with XPilot

Eric Lavorel

Eric Lavorel
Posted
Posted

Good day to all.

As you know, it is mandatory to disconnect from the network when you're away from the cockpit for more than 30 minutes. The problem is that, when you re-connect, the flight plan is gone and I can't find how to resend it with x-pilot. Of course, as you are in flight, you cannot create a new one. 

Any help would be most welcome !

Rgds.
Eric

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The guidance I've heard is to send it while disconnected, even if only momentarily -- meaning, re-send the flight plan, and THEN connect.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Eric Lavorel
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much, Robert ! Really appreciate !! Any tip to save the flight plan somewhere without having to retype it all ? 😁

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Do not close the VATSIM filing window?

ACH2118.jpg

Eric Lavorel
Posted
Posted

Thank you, guys ! Appreciate your help. I will try all of this on my next long haul flight !! 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
David Cross
Posted
Posted
On 4/12/2022 at 7:02 AM, Eric Lavorel said:

Thank you, guys ! Appreciate your help. I will try all of this on my next long haul flight !! 🙏

Use Simbrief.  It's free, it's run by Navigraph and will save flightplans and will auto fill in the required info on your IFR Clearnce.

Eric Lavorel
Posted
Posted

Thank you David. I already use Simbrief and Navigraph for my IFR flights and I'll check the auto fill in my next clearance request. But the main problem is how to resend a fpl when you are already in flight and had to disconnect from the network for some time.

David Cross
Posted
Posted
On 4/26/2022 at 4:45 AM, Eric Lavorel said:

But the main problem is how to resend a fpl when you are already in flight and had to disconnect from the network for some time.

You refile the exact same way you filed the first time. Keep flying, click the prefile button on simbrief.  Then submit flightplan, wait a few seconds, then reconnect and check in with your location and altitude. Expect a new Squawk code. That's it.

Dave

Eric Lavorel
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much, Dave. I believe that all my questions have been answered. Again, thank you all for your help.

Safe flights to all of you !!

Eric

• Like 1