You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is anyone using Swift with FS2004 on Windows 7 64 bit?

Ryan Renz

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Hello, 

My Swift client isn't working very well, I'm curious if anyone else is using a similar setup I could pose a few questions and ask how your system runs. 

I appreciate your time. 

In My (virtual) Hangar:

C172 :: C-FXMY

M20M :: C-GRYR

Baron 58 :: C-TVUY

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Goes not.  Well I know I'm not the ONLY one using Swift, so that's 1/3.  I think their might be others using FS2004, and using Windows 7.  But then I'm left assuming that no one on here is using this combination!

See... I AM UNIQUE! 😁

Well, if anyone is having problems with the topic setup just ask me, as the only user I give you the best feedback I can.  (Sadly my setup is kinda broken, but hay, you never know)

P.S. Or at least no one reading the forums that is! lol

Ho-hum.

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ryan, most active users of swift who also communicate can be found on our support server at Discord. I have FS9 installed and it works with swift, but I am using Windows 10. I used to have Win 7 and it also worked with swift, but that was many moons/versions ago.

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

hm. Yeah, I don't do the Discord thing.  I don't get all this new stuff; I stopped with the social networking when MSN messenger and online chat rooms ended.  Now I only real network, and occasionally visit forums; I'm pretty boring. 

Does your Swift automatically see fs9?  I think that is the problem.  I always have to force fs to connect to Swift, sometimes it's troublesome.  Swift often gives me errors.  So much going on.  Perhaps that's why the coms won't sync. 

Do you run yours in administrator?  Do you run fs in compatibility mode?

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I have the same thing: I always need to manually connect FS9 to swift's multiplayer session, but it does work nicely from there.

I run swift AND FS9 "as administrator", both programs need to run in the same mode. If you talk about "errors", you can ignore those error messages shown at the bottom of swiftGUI.

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Okay. 

Do you run either of those programs in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Thank you. 

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Alright, thank you. 

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

Does Swift use fsuipc to connect to fs?

Maybe it's an fsuipc problem.  Maybe I can force fsuipc to send COM changes to Swift?

Also, I was hoping to use hardware to control Swift hotkeys, can this be done with fsuipc also?

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

I have fsuipc. So probably there is a communication error there; fsuipc isn't sending the COM changes to Swift.  And I need to find how I can pass keystrokes from fsuipc to Swift.

In My (virtual) Hangar:

Ryan Renz
Posted
Posted

That is correct.  That's what I have installed. 

In My (virtual) Hangar: