You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot hear any audio from vPilot

Jonathan Jackson

Jonathan Jackson
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am trying to start with Vatsim for the first time. I have installed the latest vPilot 3.3.1 but cannot hear any audio from vatsim. I have tried multiple locations and aircraft, the frequency is correct and is shown in the top right of the vpilot window next to the Tx and Rx boxes. If I press PTT the Tx lights up but I cannot hear anything.  The volume is up, com1 is selected but nothing....

What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Davide Bocca
Posted
Posted

Hi,

same here, i'm using VPilot for a long time, it seems that the audio issue is related to the last version.

Davide Bocca
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Davide Bocca said:

Hi,

same here, i'm using VPilot for a long time, it seems that the audio issue is related to the last version.

I auto-quote myself because i found out the issue checking the FAQ page:

Q: OK, I checked all of that, but I still cannot hear anyone. Any other ideas?
A: There have been a number of reports that people with ASUS Sonic Studio active are having an issue where voice transmits just fine, but members (pilots and ATC alike) cannot receive any audio.  The solution seems to be to disable the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer (or some have simply deleted the program) and reboot your computer.