You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vATIS V4 Question on saved composites

Edward Sterling

Edward Sterling
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ya Justin,

Loading up composites for my ARTCC and have a question. For an airport, I loaded the ARPT COND and the NOTAMs dialogue boxes with selections for check boxes and then saved it as a composite json file. I then uploaded that file to a new Profile, as we can only have four in a Profile, and the info did not transfer with the json file: the ARPT COND and the NOTAMs dialogue boxes were blank. The instructions said it should save. Am I doing something wrong as I do not want to manually add this info for each case of a composite use.

Also when I look into the json file the information is captured there, it is just not showing up when I open that airport in a new profile.

Thanks for any info or suggestions, Ed Sterling ZAB_FE

Edited by Edward Sterling

Ed Sterling

ZAB C3/G-EDCS

Edward Sterling
Posted
Posted

Problem solved:

When I wrote over an existing gz copy of the airport in the new profile the info did not show.

When I deleted the gz copy of the airport in the profile and then added the json file as new all the info showed.

So, you can not overwrite a gz file with a json file and have it work correctly.

Hope this helps others, Ed

Ed Sterling

ZAB C3/G-EDCS