You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot 3.3.0 issue with entering credentials

Jim Barrett

Jim Barrett
Posted
Posted

I have been away from VATSIM since MSFS2020 released. I installed the latest 3.3.0 release of VPilot on my main MSFS machine (in HOST mode) and on a separate laptop (in REMOTE mode). On the host computer, during initial setup, I was asked to enter my ID, password, name and home base on the “network” tab.

During initial setup on the remote computer, the only options on the network tab were VATSIM ID and password. There were no fields to enter my name or my home base. Since I use the remote instance of VPilot to manage my connection, I fear my name and home airport are not being sent to the network.

Should I be initializing my connection to the network on the host instance of VPilot instead of the remote?

Other than that, the remote instance appears to work fine. I can control the radios and transponder in MSFS from the remote, and two way voice works well.

Jim Barrett

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The reason the remote is only prompting you for ID and password is because you are running the remote "with voice" so the remote instance is connecting to the voice server, thus it needs your credentials. The host is what makes the actual connection to the VATSIM network and thus it asks for your name and airport.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jim Barrett
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

The reason the remote is only prompting you for ID and password is because you are running the remote "with voice" so the remote instance is connecting to the voice server, thus it needs your credentials. The host is what makes the actual connection to the VATSIM network and thus it asks for your name and airport.

Thanks for the explanation!

This new version of VPilot is certainly easier to set up for remote use than the original, which required sometimes tedious simconnect configuration on both computers.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jim Barrett said:

This new version of VPilot is certainly easier to set up for remote use than the original, which required sometimes tedious simconnect configuration on both computers.

Then you've been away for quite a while! 😀 Enjoy the much-improved VATSIM.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC