You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot only works when in focus

Nolon Gillis

Nolon Gillis
Posted
Posted

I have already  doubled and triple checked that my sim and vpilot are ran in admin mode. I've never had this issue until today 4/22/2022. If someone may help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

What doesn't "work", exactly?

If it's your push-to-talk key, what are you assigning, and have you tried changing the assignment to something else?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Nolon Gillis
Posted
Posted

Ok, so what doesn't "work" is the transmission. As in the blue light showing it's transmitting. When the vatsim client is minimized and my sim is the priority screen I can only hear other pilots and atc. For instance if I attempt a radio check no one can hear me, BUT if I make the vatsim client the priority screen then I am now able to see the blue light for transmission and other users are able to hear me. I have never had this happen before. I am not a new user to vatsim so this is very very strange. I have attempted assigning other bindings for PTT and it's the same outcome. And yes everything is also set to run as administrator. 

Cheers.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Are you really running the program "as administrator"? This normally fixes it. Have you installed the client "as administrator"?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Nolon Gillis
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes I am running as admin. I stated that in my last post. 

Edited by Nolon Gillis

Nolon Gillis
Posted
Posted (edited)

That is correct

Edited by Nolon Gillis
  • Like 1

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

You may want to try unchecking admin mode, restart the pc, and then check it again. 

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Are you using keyboard keys as PTT or eg. joystick trigger?

ACH2118.jpg