You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error

• error
  • networking

goncalves david

goncalves david
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Im flight A32NX development by FlyByWire Im connect the Vpilot, is the error : [09:29:19] Failed to create aircraft N161JW using default model "a320nx". You must set a valid default model or you will keep getting this error! Disconnecting from network.

Why the problem please ?

Edited by Don Desfosse
Moved topic to correct forum

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

I have no idea, but perhaps your default model matching setting is wrong? And there is a vpilot subforum below.

ACH2118.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you sure that the title of the aircraft in the aircraft.cfg file is really "a320nx"?

Refer to the model matching section of the documentation https://vpilot.rosscarlson.dev/Documentation#model-matching for the correct way to set up your default aircraft.

Also, I'm not familiar with the A32NX development by FlyByWire; are you sure that's a low-res AI model?  Or is it a high-res flyable aircraft?  Conventional wisdom is that you should be using low-res AI models for model matching, else you could have a negative impact on your frame rates.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The key thing to note is, what does that setting do, exactly?

It does NOT have anything to do with what YOU are flying.  It DOES instruct vPilot what to use to represent OTHER players, if a more suitable match wasn't able to be determined from your model match rules and settings.

If you still aren't sure what that means, it's probably best to hit the "reset to default" button there and leave it alone.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I think I should just remove that setting altogether. 😄

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC