You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SIM CONNECT ERROR: VERSION_MISMATCH 5

DAVID SCHNEIDER

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Recently upgraded my gaming rig, game and flight load, vpilot always gives this error message after saying all is okay and I'm unable to get past it, it won't connect or anything. This new computer is running windows 11 I don't know if this may be the issue. Any input is appreciated.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Probably smarter folks that can help you more, but just to get some more information, what sim are you running?  Are you compliant with the system requirements as listed in the vPilot documentation?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

Thanks for the quick response, currently running FSX. I've listed my current computer's specs below, maybe you could tell me based on those specs.

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-12900K (5.2 GHz Turbo) (24-Thread) (16-Core) 3.2 GHz (Alder Lake)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-P D4 (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z690 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI) (DDR4)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Fury RGB
Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: External USB - DVD/CD 8x Multi-Drive (Writes and Reads DVDs, CDs)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2060 6GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Software Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: Digital Storm (Wired) Gaming Headset
Keyboard: Digital Storm MasterKeys Lite Bundle (RGB) Keyboard & Mouse
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 14-21 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you notice the FSX version requirement listed in the vPilot system requirements?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Probably not, where do I find that information? Vpilot was working with my old rig, which was an I7 Sony Vaio laptop with Win10.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's a link in my signature or google "vPilot system requirements".

Edited by Ross Carlson

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Yes I read the system requirements, requiring windows 7, 8.1, or 10, I gather the vpilot system doesn't work with windows 11. Do you happen to know of any of the other clients that may work with the Windows 11 operating system. I'm already making plans to convert this new rig back to windows 10 or would you know of a patch I could use to make it work with windows 11 currently?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I asked if you read the part of the vpilot requirements regarding FSX. Do you meet those?

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Yes I'm running FSX with SP2.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Then it shouldn't be throwing that error. Take a look in the add/remove programs list in control panel and see what version number is shown for SimConnect.

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

The version # I found,

V10.0.61259.0

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's the correct version. I can't think of any reason why you would get a simconnect version mismatch error. Do you have any other sims installed on this machine? Or have you ever set up a simconnect.cfg file for connecting to simconnect on a different computer?

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Thank-you for the dedicated response to the issues I'm having i do appreciate it. So I have been using Vpilot for years on a Sony Vaio I7 with Windows 10 OS, without any issues I may add.  I decide to upgrade to a Digital Storm custom built rig with 50X more power speed and capacity than the laptop running windows 10. Running windows 11 and now for whatever reason, FSX is not running efficiently, it constantly crashes or freezes requiring the task manager to close the program. Any peripherals associated with Flight sim including add-on aircraft are not functioning correctly. I'm thinking it's the OS but not educated enough in the differences between OS 10 & OS 11 to be sure or if I try to change the new computer back to OS 10 will it make a difference. I just want to continue with the VATSIM community, it's very frustrating after spending $3000.00 for a new computer. Thanks  I appreciate the input.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I haven't done any testing with Win 11 at all. Maybe some other Win 11 users can offer some suggestions.

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

Guess I'm either going to have to upgrade the Sim or downgrade the OS.

James Gibson
Posted
Posted

I am having the same problem as you David, except I am running Windows 10, with FSX Deluxe, Acceleration Package not installed.

Maybe I should try Swift......

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

I am having the same problem as you David, except I am running Windows 10, with FSX Deluxe, Acceleration Package not installed.

You need to have acceleration or SP2 installed, as stated in the docs.

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

I have tried everything to get this to work, it's very frustrating, it worked on a Laptop that is over 12 years old, at this point I'm just hoping that I will be able to once again be able to get onto to the VATSIM network, not promising at this juncture.

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

So I decided to upgrade to MSFS 2020 Steam, I guess I made another costly mistake as from what I read the vatsim network is unable to work with MSFS-Steam, back to square one I guess.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The Steam edition of MSFS works just fine on VATSIM ... where did you read that it doesn't?

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

I read it on the Vatsim website, I'll find it and cut and paste it here. The information was from 8/2020 not sure if that has changed since then.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please do send me a link. The Steam version has always worked.

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

You telling me that makes me really happy, maybe I'm back on my way to flying again.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you send me the link where you saw that MSFS Steam is not supported?

DAVID SCHNEIDER
Posted
Posted

I'm at work today but I'm trying to locate it, when I have a moment and 911 cooperates.