You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Expired FSD server license

Tony Koch

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Loading PublicVatsimLicence.lic results in these messages:

Invalid license: SignatureInvalid
Invlaid license data content

Trying to sort out a Swift/Mac/Windows tower view issue.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

3.2r33

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am on 3.2a(r26), swift 0.12.2 64bit and X-Plane 11. Works fine for me, no error messages.

PS: I just tested it with Euroscope 3.2a(r33), also works fine.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted (edited)

Euroscope runs on a VMware Fusion virtual Window 7 platform; X-plane and Swift run on the Mac. Attempting to connect Swift results in a time-out error. The subject has come up on the Swift Discord server. I was hoping to see if running the ES FSD server would make any difference but the license issue has popped up.

Edited by Tony Koch

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Okay, I see! I am not really familiar with MacOS, I only know that its security/network settings can cause trouble, sometimes. Whenever we had problems with users, they had to get their settings right in the security center.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Andreas. Permissions are not an issue for these three programs. I can fly using X-plane and control using Euroscope. If I can get the FSD server working, perhaps it will make a difference.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

No problems with the proxy server. I run three instances routinely. 

• Thanks 1

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

That seems to be a networking issue. It depends how that VM is set up (bridged or NAT networking).

You are looking for a connection from your host (Mac, Swift) to the guest (VM, EuroScope) (to the default FSD port 6809).

I would search for something like "Connect from Mac host to VMware Fusion Windows guest".

I don't know how happy you are with the controlling-in-a-VM solution. For me that was never really what I wanted.

But there is some activity to get "Audio for VATSIM" (the multi-platform client project is called "VectorAudio") and EuroScope to Linux/Mac:

It works mostly fine for me (on Linux). Towerview works.

You could try VectorAudio (follow the first link to a preliminary MacOS `brew` recipe) on your Mac as a drop-in replacement for Audio for VATSIM even with EuroScope still in the VM.

... or even install EuroScope on your Mac through `wine` (which works exceptionally good).

Maybe some time we'll have an officially supported Mac/Linux-native controlling station 🙂. While we keep using Windows VMs, they'll not find out that there is the need for it...

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Yes, it certainly seems that Swift can't "find" Euroscope. VMware connects by NAT. I am strictly an amateur with this stuff but the arrangement has been solid since I started using Euroscope many, many years ago. To be frank, I'm not inclined to fix something that is working perfectly well just for tower view. Seeing what effect the FSD server might have is my last gasp, I think.

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

SOLVED. By changing the VMware network adapter to Bridged instead of NAT, I was able to determine the local IP address for ES and make the connection. Tower view works very nicely.

• Thanks 2