You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Beta R34

Erik Wachters

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello @Gergely Csernak,

I've started testing R34 and it seems the same issue is still in this version during a sweatbox session where some traffic immediately start descending to an altitude of A16 for no reason after spawning. If I run the exact same scenario in R29 the traffic behaves normal.

image.png.33f1c8a3fa405cfe65c776c658c43dfb.png

Thank you for the effort of still improving EuroScope!!

E.

Edited by Erik Wachters

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

@Gergely Csernak

Regarding the "Auto METAR of active airports fixed", the METAR list now lists any active airport, where it previously had only airports in it with an active runway. This is quite a significant change as the lists got even longer now with all airfields where I get flight plans from, even if they are uncontrolled and will never show an ATIS. I definitely preferred the previous behaviour. Any chance this can be reverted, or at least give the user a choice? Controlling top-down gets really nasty with this long list, especially as it cannot be even sorted (by alphabet)? So it's difficult to find the right ATIS/QNH quick enough.

• Like 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted

@Gergely Csernak Is it possible to add an option to automatically NOT display the METAR with "no weather data"? 

• 3 weeks later...
Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

An additional quirk in r34 is that "owned" airports that used to appear in the Departure List now must be selected as an active airport in the Active Airport/runway selector dialog. This means that Centre receives requests for clearance from smaller airfields and does not know about the flights until the contact request. Then the airport must be selected in the dialog box.

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tony Koch said:

An additional quirk in r34 is that "owned" airports that used to appear in the Departure List now must be selected as an active airport in the Active Airport/runway selector dialog. This means that Centre receives requests for clearance from smaller airfields and does not know about the flights until the contact request. Then the airport must be selected in the dialog box.

Do you have the "Set owned APT by active sectors" ticked on?

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bernardo Reis said:

Do you have the "Set owned APT by active sectors" ticked on?

No. When I select it, the METAR displays EVERY (active?) airport, whether weather is available or not, many, many dozens of them. When I tried it, my connection to the network broke, and it was deselected when I checked again. That option seems to be currently unusable. Selected active airports display in the Departure list without it.

Edited by Tony Koch

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

See my first post (second post in this topic). I think Gergely had good intentions (aligning flight plan list and METAR list selection criteria), but didn't think about the negative impact. But with r34, flight plan lists and METAR list seem to be hardwired to the same conditions. No idea if this is gonna be changed in a future version. But the METAR list definitely needs some more flexibility to provide again useful information to the controllers.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

@Gergely Csernak Just to get an idea what the METAR list looks nowadays when staffing CTR top-down. An improvement of this situation would be much appreciated. Ideally, the metar list would get fields similar to flight plan lists in order to allow sorting my ICAO designator, clouds, wind or QNH. I would love to support here with a small plugin. But unfortunately, there is no support for other than flight plan lists.

05-06-_2022_21-06-33.jpg

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 4 months later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

A friendly reminder that the METAR list in r34 has still not received an update. Especially while controlling top-down, this causes trouble to find the appropriate QNH for a specific airport right away, also because there seems to be no specific rule in sorting the entries. So you cannot even search alphabetical.

@Gergely Csernak Thanks for considering a fix at the next possible occasion. 🙏

• Like 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 4 weeks later...
Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

@Gergely CsernakCould you consider implementing middle mouse click action? It would be amazing for people using TopSky

• Like 2

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Bernardo Reis said:

@Gergely CsernakCould you consider implementing middle mouse click action? It would be amazing for people using TopSky

That would be a fantastic addition, indeed.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor