You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Audio and traffic issue

Georgios T.

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted

Hi, I recently got into VATSIM and have been enjoying it so far. But as of recently I got into problems with vPilot. Namely that the audio is laggy and I can barely hear the others. Namely they sound choppy and delayed thus making them sound like talking over eachother. Furthermore I sometimes seem to be the one lagging on the radio as experienced in a recent flight with ATC. Often traffic also moves delayed with sudden stops and then quick teleportation to the next position. I checked my connection at it seems to be fine as far as I can tell with a download speed being 94Mbps and upload at 44Mbps. I also made sure to run vPilot as admin, put the traffic visiblity on 20nm and tried to use a different server (in my case Germany and Germany2 as they are the closest servers for me). Is there anyway for me to fix this? I use MSFS for flying
Much thanks in advance

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Georgios T. said:

But as of recently I got into problems with vPilot

Have you changed anything in your setup recently?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted

Nope, nothing has been changed in terms of setup. Incidentally, is anything specific that could have affected it?

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Georgios T. said:

is anything specific that could have affected it?

The most significant change to the network recently has been the introduction of Velocity which, IIRC, requires an upgrade to vPilot. I don't know the detals re. the time of the upgrade but you could search the forums. I'm assuming you were using MSFS2020 quite happlily before the "recently."

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Alistair Thomson said:

The most significant change to the network recently has been the introduction of Velocity which, IIRC, requires an upgrade to vPilot. I don't know the detals re. the time of the upgrade but you could search the forums. I'm assuming you were using MSFS2020 quite happlily before the "recently."

I installed vPilot around a week or two ago, so if I follow the forum then velocity was long ago before i purchased MSFS. I could try to reinstall vPilot but personally doubt that this would do much tbh.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Georgios T. said:

I installed vPilot around a week or two ago

Was vPilot workiing fine at the beginning, or have you aways had this issue since installing it? Did you fly offline with MSFS before installing vPilot and was it OK with the built-in traffic?

Alistair Thomson

===

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Alistair Thomson said:

Was vPilot workiing fine at the beginning, or have you aways had this issue since installing it? Did you fly offline with MSFS before installing vPilot and was it OK with the built-in traffic?

I had this issue ever since I got vPilot, I did fly before on MSFS offline numerous times and did not encounter any immediate issues

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Georgios T. said:

I had this issue ever since I got vPilot, I did fly before on MSFS offline numerous times and did not encounter any immediate iss

I don't know much about MSFS2020 but it is important when fying online to make sure that the sim's AI/multiplayer setting is off, as well as automatic copilot, ATC and ATIS stuff.

Alistair Thomson

===

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

I recall reading somewhere that there can sometimes be issues with some motherboards and Realtek audio drivers.     If you are using Realtek audio, it may be worth reinstalling the audio driver with the latest version.    

Andrew

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted
On 5/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Andrew McCabe said:

I recall reading somewhere that there can sometimes be issues with some motherboards and Realtek audio drivers.     If you are using Realtek audio, it may be worth reinstalling the audio driver with the latest version.    

Andrew

I checked the Realtek drivers but they all seem to be up to date so not sure where the problem lies for me

Georgios T.
Posted
Posted

alright so I had the multipayer things all offline, checked my Realtek drivers and they all seem to be up to date. I took another flight and the issue persists this time with extra more kicks from the voice server, therefore seems to be more of a connection issue and not primarily audio, the audio is an effect of the connection issue. Question for me is where does this connection issue come from? My connection should be fast enough for VATSIM so I am honestly quite lost here