You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Simulation - aircraft climbing to FL311177

Michael Kuhne

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

Using v3.2.1.33 I detected a weird behaviour when running a simulation file: aircraft not instructed by the file to climb/descend (waypint/13000) will always climb to an insane level, like FL311177. Or any other, there seems to be no logic behind this. Does anybody else have the same issue or a solution?

I will give it a try with the latest beta release, but there should be no changes in the log regarding the simulator.

• 2 weeks later...
Hongye Rudi Zhang
Posted
Posted
On 5/15/2022 at 12:06 PM, Michael Kuhne said:

Using v3.2.1.33 I detected a weird behaviour when running a simulation file: aircraft not instructed by the file to climb/descend (waypint/13000) will always climb to an insane level, like FL311177. Or any other, there seems to be no logic behind this. Does anybody else have the same issue or a solution?

I will give it a try with the latest beta release, but there should be no changes in the log regarding the simulator.

try run ES in compatibility mode

• 2 weeks later...
Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

Combatibility mode does not help unfortunately. I'm using a workaround by defining a level restriction (fix/level) in order to mitigate this issue.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Yes, I note this behaviour as well (also in a34). It seems all flights in a scenario need to have a REQALT. On the plus side, departures can now be set up to climb to a specified REQALT and they do it, instead of always going to 7000 ft as they used to.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK