You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AIG MSFS model matching help

John Price

John Price
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,

I've been through the painful process of installing AIG models for MSFS 2020 and properly model matching them and it is working very well, except most of the British Airways and Easyjet aircraft, among a few others, are not showing up and are instead displaying as an Air Canada Jetz A319; I think this is because I previously used a bad model matching VMR file and I think Vpilot automatically eliminates failed models so  that you don't keep getting a red model matching alert. i don't know how to reset this, however, so I have a properly compiled VMR file now but the proper models are being passed over (they all say 3 or 4 in the 'Pass' column).

That is extremely poorly explained, but not quite sure how to express it. I basically need to reset whatever vPilot does to gloss over and eliminate model matching errors that are no longer errors.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi John, I actually think you explained it pretty well. 😀

To reset the list of failed models, if you're comfortable editing XML files, you can edit your vPilotConfig.xml file and remove the section called ErroneousModels.

Or, for a more nuclear option, you can reinstall vPilot and check the box to install an empty config file:

image.png.489e730f3ee90c22e4146f47c53d4cd7.png

This will mean you have to completely reconfigure vPilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

John Price
Posted
Posted

That’s worked a charm, Ross, thank you so much!