You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Whoa! Just Whoa! Chicago Center 5/21/22, 16:54'ish Z

John Stockton

John Stockton
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow! I was flying a "golf cart" (Piper Arrow) for 1.8 hrs in CHI CTR space. I was west of congested area, but I was tuned in. Your ATC was awesome! Never a moment to breathe but he nailed it. A true professional. It was entertaining to listen to him control traffic, GND, TWR, ATC, CLR, BATHROOM, lol, you name it. Just a shout out for him, 1437414, (could not find name). At the end he still had time to land my golf cart in an otherwise non occupied airport.

Edited by John Stockton
  • Like 2

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800

Sport Thomas
Posted
Posted

That was me! You're right, it was crazy busy. I have some Arrow time in real life, the "golf cart" analogy made me laugh. Great plane to fly. It was my pleasure to work you, hope to see you around on my scope soon!

• Like 4

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

I can hear it now... "Golf Cart One, Chicago Bathroom, cleared land number one, and don't forget: the job's not complete until the paperwork's done."

• Haha 1

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.