You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I've tried several different Model Matching files and none will work!

• vpilot
  • model matching
  • help

Max Carr

Max Carr
Posted
Posted

I used to use MSFS on via the Xbox app because I had a month free with gamepass so I had MSFS for a month before I uninstalled it and bought it fully on steam. Model matching was working fine for the Xbox app version but then as soon as I go onto Vatsim via Vpilot it all just stops working. I've tried uninstalling Vpilot, re-installing it on both drives, different model matching (AIG, Model matching magic etc.) and none seem to fix the issue! This is what shows up everytime I connect: image.thumb.png.a0a11c40daf59310f56d3f9f192edcf0.png

image.png.10f709dba05257b052310bd7f082c1de.png

I am really struggling with this and I can't find a troubleshooting technique that works, please someone help me. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Can you confirm that you installed both the model-matching RULE for AIG as well as the AIG MODELS themselves?

Otherwise, you installed a rule that is telling vPilot to match other pilots to models you don't actually have in your sim, hence the errors.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Max Carr
Posted
Posted

The error message above was for model matching magic but the same happened when I used AIG. I downloaded a megapack containing the AIG models and I tried downloading the AIG models seperately, none worked. When I downloaded the AIG models, I downloaded the VMR file and put it straight into my Vpilot files to configure my Vpilot custom rules. I think this was the only file I downloaded so I hope that answers your question.