You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

suddenly a lot of corrupt and missing airlines in P3D5 (never before)

Jurgen Weerelds

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello is there something changed in vpilot since the latest updates i get a lot of errors for different airlines. I checked everything with AIAircraft editor for correct numbering etc in the cfg and everything is in place and correct. Never had this before. I investigated a little and al the "corrupted" ones have a """ quote in their title. For example :

<ModelScanResultModel Title="TFS Boeing 777-200 British Airways G-VIIJ &quot;Benyhone" Model="GE" Texture="G-VIIJ_Benyhone" Sim="TFS_B772" AtcModel="B772" AtcAirline="SPEEDBIRD" AtcHeavy="1" UiManufacturer="The Fruit Stand" UiType="Boeing 777-200ER" UiVariation="British Airways G-VIIJ &quot;Benyhone" Description="The Fruit Stand Boeing 777-200ER British Airways" AtcParkingTypes="GATE" AtcParkingCodes="BAW" Status="Derived" IsExcluded="false" />

I never had this before, could Ross shine some light on this?

Thank u.

Edited by Jurgen Weerelds

• Jurgen Weerelds changed the title to suddenly a lot of corrupt and missing airlines in P3D5 (never before)
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What are the errors?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

spacer.pngFailed to create aircraft xxx using model FAIB Airbus etc .. The model may be corrupt or missing,vpilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model which it does because i have over 15.000  🙂  but obviously there isnt corruption i checked everything for several days now, everything is in place and order. All cfgs correct i looked up the 'corrupt' models via aircraft editor and they show correct and all the cfgs are correct numbered

could it be the quotes in the title? never had this before and i have a lot of work then to repair the titles

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you post a screenshot of just the vpilot window that isn't sized down? The text is not readable.

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

See how they all have quotes in their title Ross?

They always showed up correct but since the vpilot MSFS update few days ago i get these errors

spacer.png

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another error showed up a 737-800 and guess what..it also had quotes in the title

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The quotes have always been there, right? Nothing in the recent 3.4.0 update should have changed anything with P3D, so if it worked before with quotes, it should work still. Let's find out for sure, though. Please download version 3.3.1 and see if those models work. Be sure to force a re-scan so that it unmarks those models as erroneous, otherwise it won't try to use them again.

When you install 3.3.1, it'll prompt you to update to 3.4.0, make sure to say no to that upgrade. You can then upgrade it after you are done with the test.

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted

ok thanks Ross i will let u know , i will untick check for updates then . i let u know.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jurgen Weerelds said:

ok thanks Ross i will let u know , i will untick check for updates then . i let u know.

You don't have to untick the setting ... just say no to the prompt until you're done testing.

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted

ok im testing now im gonna put myself in EGLL i see there are a few a320's from BA now cause these are the most affected with quotes in their title

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jurgen Weerelds said:

ok im testing now im gonna put myself in EGLL i see there are a few a320's from BA now cause these are the most affected with quotes in their title

Did you force a rescan of your P3D models?

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted

yes i had added a few airlines when i was in flight so it rescanned direct when i started vpilot 3.3.1

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

It works no problems anymore i think i find something 

Do u see the difference between this and the one on the top ?    &quot;Benyhone&quot;"  where in the beginning of my post it says &quot;Benyhone"        The &quot is missing in the new version

<ModelScanResultModel Title="TFS Boeing 777-200 British Airways G-VIIJ &quot;Benyhone&quot;" Model="GE" Texture="G-VIIJ_Benyhone" Sim="TFS_B772" AtcModel="B772" AtcAirline="SPEEDBIRD" AtcHeavy="1" UiManufacturer="The Fruit Stand" UiType="Boeing 777-200ER" UiVariation="British Airways G-VIIJ &quot;Benyhone&quot;" Description="The Fruit Stand Boeing 777-200ER British Airways" AtcParkingTypes="GATE" AtcParkingCodes="BAW" Status="Derived" IsExcluded="false" />

version 3.3.1 works flawless without errors

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay thanks, I'll take a look. Must be something having to do with the code library that I use to read the cfg files and how it handles stripping quotes from the start/end of a value.

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted (edited)

ok Ross im glad we have nailed this nasty little bug, i stay with 3.3.1 for now, thanks for the help Ross.

Cheers

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is fixed in 3.4.2.

• Thanks 1

Jurgen Weerelds
Posted
Posted