You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[RESIGNATION] VATEUD Division Director

Nick Marinov

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

With very mixed feelings, I have informed the Regional Vice President that I will be stepping down as Division Director for VATEUD.

Two years and 3 months ago, there was an agreement that I would take the position as acting division director to fill in the gap for which no people could be found and to offer the much-needed support to the division the role gives.

During these years it has been a pleasure and an honour to serve the division and the network in this role. I don’t want to be my own judge, however, I feel like I can safely say that I am leaving the division in a better state than when I took it (not a perfect sate, of course, there has to be some work for my successor as well). Several vACCs have been reborn and the new local staff teams have done wonders for the communities of their countries. Web issues that we were facing beforehand are no more. The connectivity and communication within the division is better and local staff teams have more possibility to have direct contact with the EUD board and to hold them accountable, while also enabling the easy sharing of ideas, the creation of healthy debates and engagement from all corners of the continent. We have expanded several division teams to provide better services to the membership and are looking to implement new “features”, if I may call them that, to better assist the newcomers (I’m sure my successor will be sharing more about this in the near future). Last but not least, there is a draft of a new division policy in the final stages of review. While this has been paused due to debates, the new division director, who would be the one working with the new policy, alongside the division and vACC Staff, will have the opportunity to pick this up, iron out the last issues internal debates have raised, and implement the document.

This would not have been possible without the help of all staff members within EUD. Particularly, I want to say thank you to the people who have sat on the EUD board during my tenure: @Mattia Torti, @David Kirchner, @Matan Budimir, @Miguel Frias, @Arturs Vasiļjevs, @Nestor Perez , and all the vACC directors, current and past. Joined by all the staff in VATEUD, this truly was a team effort and without you we wouldn’t have gotten where we are today: from keeping everything running and keeping the stress for me minimal, through assisting experienced and new members alike, to all the discussions and debates we have had (one topic in particular that I can remember, the debate for which lasted a whooping 5 hours!!!). With this, VATEUD is not simply the biggest division by member numbers, but also by member engagement and enthusiasm.

I will still be around, however, in my region capacity – it’s not easy to get rid of me! But whenever I look back on the experience, the contacts, the achievements we have all build, it will be with a smile! I feel comfortable that there is a team (EUD and vACCs both) in the division that is passionate about VATEUD, about aviation and most importantly the network! Keep it up folks, this is what makes VATSIM great! Thank you!

A vacancy will shortly be posted about my position, and I will stay until my successor is appointed and I can do a handover with them.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Nick Marinov pinned and featured this topic
Florian Knett
Posted
Posted

Again here Thank you Nick for work! It was a pleasure to work with you! Wish you all the best!

Kind regards

• Like 1
FLORIAN CHRISTOF KNETT | VATEUD41
Membership Support Group Manager,
VATSIM Network Supervisor
## florian.knett@vateud.net
## [email protected]
VATEUD Logo  

spacer.png

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Nick, 

Thank you for the time and effort you have put into the role.  You leave EUD in a great place and your successor will have big shoes to fill.

Thanks for agreeing to continue in your region position. 

• Like 3

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region

Tiago Vicente
Posted
Posted

It's always good to look back and feel the sensation of
mission accomplished when we are given the opportunity to demonstrate the value and quality of our work and our commitment and that is the only factor that transforms the result that is obtained into a fact that cannot be contradicted, otherwise it would only be an assumption.

Our relationship for reasons external to ourselves was not the best, however, and despite everything I wish you the best of everything you want most, I just leave you the advice for the future to bet more on people's work, even those that you dont like for any reason, because just like you today, these people even with little knowledge but a lot of commitment can be as good members of staff as in many areas you were too.

A hug.

Tiago Vicente 1273225
Former Regent Director of Portugal vACC

• Like 2

David Woodward
Posted
Posted

Nick,

I'm glad you are staying on with the Region role, but you will be missed as Division Director. Thank you for everything you have done.

Dave Woodward
Sub-Saharan Africa Division Director

• Like 1

Dave Woodward
Division Director
VATSIM Sub-Saharan Africa

Mattia Torti
Posted
Posted

A big huge thank you Nick for all the amazing work you have done for VATEUD and everything around it in the past years.

It's been a pleasure working at your side for the last 2 years!

As Simon said, good we're not getting rid of you 😁

• Like 1
MATTIA TORTI
Division Director
Network Senior Supervisor
## [email protected]
## [email protected]
VATEUD Logo

Joshua Riyawong
Posted
Posted

Thanks for everything and good luck!

• Like 1
Joshua Riyawong 
Assistant Event Coordinator | [email protected]
VATSIM Scandinavia

Removed
Posted
Posted

Nick, our few occasions of staff cooperation with you in the DD role were always very pleasant and professional. Such type of cooperation is becoming more and more scarce on this network, therefore I would explicitly like to thank you for that and a job well done.

• Like 1

Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nick,

Thank you for your contribution to EUD and for your professional approach and cooperation with vACC's. 

Edited by Burak Bugday
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

Turkish vACC Deputy Director

Cathal Boyce
Posted
Posted

Nick,

It was such a pleasure to work with you and myself and the rest of the staff team at the time really appreciated your professionalism and all of the help you gave us.

Thank you for all of your work and the time you gave to the role

• Like 1

Cathal Boyce
ACCIRL1 | VATéir Director 
VATSIM Network Supervisor
VATEUD Divisional Examiner (I3)

• Mattia Torti unpinned this topic