You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching question

Sebastian Neumann

Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

is it possible to make Vpilot a bit "smarter"? Currently if you don´t have the exact model matching plane it will show the default plane for me. 

I would like to have it like in Xpilot. It will show the correct plane at least but with another airline. Id much rather have this then the default plane.

Example: A virtual Airline 738 where i dont have the model matching. Vpilot shows the default model while xpilot would show me a random 738 which is at least the correct plane. 

I would like to have it that way in xpilot...is that possible to setup?

Thanks in advance

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can do whatever you like with model matching rules. Have a look at the documentation for details.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted

But the documentation says there should already be such procedures in place during the 4 check runs. Latest during run 3 the correct model with random livery should be loaded.

On this screen you can see A300 + 2* 738 from a Virtual Airline. AIG has models for all Aircraft types and they work fine with the correct Airline. During check run 3 "Look for an exact TypeCode match, ignoring any rules that specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign." it should load a correct model right?
Despite that it proceeds to give me Asobo models which i have disabled in the Advanced MM setting and which are not in my MM files. They should not be shown under any circumstance ?!

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.7573f3bce75c9ca61453f3947058db91.jpg

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The docs don't say that it'll choose a random airline. What you may be thinking of is the part of the docs that describe how you can specify multiple models for a given type code + airline combination, and it'll choose one of them at random. This is for airlines that have multiple different liveries like JetBlue, Southwest, Frontier, etc.

Sebastian Neumann
Posted
Posted (edited)

I understand that i can set this up for each and every aircraft type but thats not what i meen.

I am talking about this part:

vPilot also makes use of a database of similar aircraft types which it downloads when vPilot first start up. This database contains lists of aircraft type codes that look similar to each other. vPilot will use entries in this database to find model matching rules for similar aircraft types if an exact match cannot be found. For example, if an aircraft is encountered with callsign "DAL123" and type code "B733", but no matching rule can be found, vPilot will look for rules with a CallsignPrefix of "DAL" and a TypeCode of "B732", "B734", etc.

Note that vPilot will make multiple passes through the custom rule sets, looking for more specific matches first. The logic for each pass is as follows:

1. Look for an exact CallsignPrefix or Callsign match, plus an exact TypeCode match, ignoring any rules that don't specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.
  2. Look for an exact CallsignPrefix or Callsign match, plus a TypeCode match for a similar aircraft type, ignoring any rules that don't specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.
  3. Look for an exact TypeCode match, ignoring any rules that specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.
  4. Look for a TypeCode match for a similar aircraft type, ignoring any rules that specify a CallsignPrefix or Callsign.

If this would work out the above picture could never happen. Either is would choose a close model in 2 if i have the same Airline with a different model or the same model with a different airline in 3. 
Everything after 1. seems to rarely work out.

And all of this asside...why do i still see the Asobo default models when they are disabled in the advanced MM settings and not in a vmr file? 😞

Edited by Sebastian Neumann

spacer.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Sebastian Neumann said:

If this would work out the above picture could never happen. Either is would choose a close model in 2 if i have the same Airline with a different model or the same model with a different airline in 3.

I think you're misunderstanding. Read #3 again ... it ignores any rules that specify a callsign prefix or callsign. Therefore, it won't choose a rule that is for the wrong airline.