You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching problem - 0 identified

Ehab Sharif

Ehab Sharif
Posted
Posted

Hi all, 

I'm new here....I searched for solutions to my issue prior to posting here but I couldn't find any solution and have been scratching my head for almost a week now

Anyways my problem is that vPilot finds the models but doesn't identify them as shown in the attached image...I also checked the log file and noticed this error

Aircraft config paths hash is different 

My MSFS is installed in C:\MSFS 

Thank you.

1.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's not actually a problem. It just means that the models don't specify proper ICAO type codes and airline codes, so vPilot can't use them automatically. You can still use them with VMR files.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ehab Sharif
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the Reply Ross. So do I leave it like this or I have to edit the vmr files??

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you want those models to be used for model matching, then you need a VMR file.

Ehab Sharif
Posted
Posted

I do have like 3 or 4 vmr files added to the rules section but I still get that 0 identified although I edited the missing aircraft type codes.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is what I said earlier:

2 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

It's not actually a problem. It just means that the models don't specify proper ICAO type codes and airline codes, so vPilot can't use them automatically. You can still use them with VMR files.

So as long as you have VMR files that specify those models, vPilot will use them.

Moemen Shahawy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same problem here. I've got AIG oci installed in community folder, and using an AIG-VPilot vmr file from flightsim.to that is supposed to have everything... I get ZERO identified, but all detected, what's the problem? Using BritishAVGeek vmr Located here

AIG.jpg

VMR.jpg

VMR2.jpg

VMR3.jpg

Edited by Moemen Shahawy

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Moemen Shahawy said:

Same problem here. I've got AIG oci installed in community folder, and using an AIG-VPilot vmr file from flightsim.to that is supposed to have everything... I get ZERO identified, but all detected, what's the problem? Using BritishAVGeek vmr

Did you actually read what I said in this thread? It's NOT a problem.

Moemen Shahawy
Posted
Posted

Ross, dear, I did read it yes, but I also read what vpilot is saying, and it's saying 0 identified, so out of 8000 models, none are identified by vpilot, then when connected, it gives Failed to create aircraft, model missing - and that's for stuff like Saudia 777 for example, or Airfrance A330, which is in the AIG and in the VMR.. and it doesn't appear as traffic in sim, so there is in fact a problem, especially when vpilot, the software that you developed, says that in red, and not just me, but several people on discord the past week are having the same issue

I'm not saying vpilot is the problem here, but there sure is something

When a youtuber's sim says 7395 identified, and here it says 0 identified, something is wrong

Since we are online and you cannot see me, I have to say please take that in the most positive manner, I am just inquiring as I just moved to vatsim from the other network after 9 years, and this whole vmr thing is new to me that's all

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

As I said in this thread, the fact that the aircraft are not identified is not a problem. If you are getting errors when vPilot tries to create an aircraft using a model specified in one of your VMR files, that means that the model is either missing or corrupt, just like the error states. The fact that vPilot is not able to identify the model is irrelevant to that error. As I said above, if a model isn't identified, that only means that vPilot cannot determine the ICAO type code and/or airline code and thus cannot use the model automatically. The model can still be used via VMR files.

Once again, a model being unidentified is not a problem. In the next release of vPilot, I will be removing the identified count since people assume it means the model is unusable or broken in some way.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Like 1

Moemen Shahawy
Posted
Posted

Got it loud and clear Ross

Thank you for being patient to explain this. Being the dev of vpilot, you understand how it works, but put yourself in our shoes, it confuses some 🙂

Thanks again for clarifying and having the patience to spell it out for me 🙂

Ehab Sharif
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Moemen Shahawy said:

Got it loud and clear Ross

Thank you for being patient to explain this. Being the dev of vpilot, you understand how it works, but put yourself in our shoes, it confuses some 🙂

Thanks again for clarifying and having the patience to spell it out for me 🙂

That's exactly why I made this post....it was so confusing for me as well. 

Thank you Moemen and Thank you Ross for clearing things out