You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how to see other pilots liveries

Gianluca Martino

Gianluca Martino
Posted
Posted

hello everybody, i was wondering how can people see other players liveries while playing in VATSIM. My client is Vpilot.

John Stockton
Posted
Posted (edited)

You don't actually see other online planes. All you can see are the planes that are in your CSL library. If someone on VATSIM (or any other online network) logged on, is flying an A320 (for example). Your CSL library sees this then displays an A320 for you to see. This also explains why you see some planes on VATSIM at Flight Level with landing gear down. You don't literally see the other online pilot planes. You see the plane that's in your CSL library. Your simulator decoded it to display as close as it can. Example, If your friend is flying a plane that is not in your CSL library then you will see a default plane from your CLS library that may not even be close to what your friend is flying. At least you get representation that there is a plane near you. For common airlines (Delta) You're CSL library has the same model of plane (B737) with multiple liveries. So, If your friend was flying a B737 under the Delta call name... hopefully a B737 with Delta livery appears on your screen. Again, not from your friends plane but from the CSL library. It's actually quite clever. 

Look at the file structure under your Vpilot program. Open up  CSL You'll see all the planes that might show up on your screen. If a specific plane is not in the library then it won't show up on your screen. These are very low resolution planes so it doesn't eat up your FPS.

Edited by John Stockton

N313GM, P0: X-Plane 12.01r3, Windows 11, i7-13700k, RTX4080 (16GB), 32GB DDR4 4800